Chapter XXIII: To The Death

Author's Note: The fight between (F/N) and Adam isn't long, only a few sentences. There are two reasons for that; A. In real life, sword fights usually only take seconds to conclude, and the blades usually never clash, and B. I didn't feel like a long drawn out battle between (F/N) and Adam would fit story wise. It's not meant to be an epic fight between good and evil, rather a heartfelt scene between two brothers

Reader's POV:

Quickly standing, Adam flips the table, throwing it in your direction. Drawing your Ōdachi you slice the wood down the middle, the two halves flying off in either direction. Adam holds his blade by his side and the two of you begin to circle each other.

"Just like we always said (F/N), to the death."

"When we made that promise, I never thought it'd end like this."

Blake Belladonna, Sienna Khan, Ilia Amitola, William Gruff

Meanwhile, several hundred meters down the hall, Blake Belladonna and Sienna Khan were still locked in combat with Ilia and Gruff. Blake, Sienna, and Ilia weaved around the floor, ducking, jumping, and sliding under each other's attacks, as Gruff swung his hammer around, breaking tables and cracking the floor. Throwing a spinning sweep kick, Sienna knocks Ilia to the ground. Jumping and spinning in midair, Khan then throw her chain whip at Gruff mid spin, wrapping it around his neck. As Gruff claws at the chain around his throat, Blake jumps past him and punches him across the face. As the large Goat Faunus spins from the hit, he grabs further along the chain and warps it around his fist, stepping down on it, pulling Sienna towards him and into a painful headbutt. Blake slides under Ilia's roundhouse kick, then rolling out of the way of her spinning axe kick which cracks the ground. Jumping to her feet, Blake executes a spinning heel kick to Ilia's stomach. Ilia however, sidesteps the attack and traps Blake's leg under her arm. Launching herself off her base foot, Blake spins around in the air and connects her heel with Ilia's jaw, knocking the mask off her face. Both girls land on the ground.

As the two recover, Sienna throws her chain whip at Gruff who hits it out of the air with his hammer. Infusing his weapon with dust, Gruff shatters the ground, a line of fire spitting in the direction of Sienna Khan who cartwheels out of the way and jumps into the air, landing on Gruff's shoulders. Wrapping her legs around his neck, she brings her fists together and begins pounding on his skull. Bending over and covering his head with his arms, Gruff reaches up and grabs her by the back of her collar. Holding her out in front of him, he swings his hammer into her stomach, sending her flying backwards and slamming into the wall. Spinning in a circle, Gruff throws his hammer at Sienna who barely manages to get out of the way. Sienna spins around and throws the dart of her chain whip at Gruff's head, but he leans his head to the side and grabs the chain. Pulling on it, Sienna decides to let go rather than lose her balance again. Taking the weapon, Gruff wraps it around both of his fists and pulls hard, causing the weapon to break in half. Throwing the two chains on the ground, he throws a hook punch at Sienna who charges at him. Ducking under his massive arm, Sienna throws a series of rapid jabs to his ribs. Seemingly unphased, Gruff brings his arm back and brings his elbow crashing into the side of Sienna's head. Stumbling back, Sienna raises her hands as Gruff approaches her. Shifting his weight back and forth, Gruff continues to switch which hand is forward as he assumes a boxer's stance. The large Faunus throws a jab, cross, hook, and uppercut. Khan responds by sidestepping his jab, blocking the cross, ducking under the hook, and kicking the uppercut to the side. Throwing another cross punch, Sienna steps to the inside of Gruff's body and blocks his wrist with and inside outside circular block. Grapping down on his wrist, she reinforces her grip with her other hand. Pulling his hand down, she spins beneath his arm in a complete circle, all the while compromising his wrist. As she completes the spin, the momentum causes Gruff's feet to come out from under him. He falls to the ground with an earth-shattering thud. Maintaining the grip on his wrist, Khan kicks Gruff in the ribs. Leaving one hand on his wrist, she grabs the back of his elbow and pulls his arm up. Crossing one leg over his arm, she falls back and captures Gruff's arm in an armbar. Yelling in pain as Sienna pulls his arm against her leg, he bends his neck down and bites into her leg, causing her to release him. Sienna tries to get up, but Gruff grabs her leg and collar and lifts her up over his head. Throwing her several meters and landing on a table, shattering it, Sienna gets back to her feet. Gruff charges at her, both arms spread as he prepares to pull her into a spine breaking bear hug. As he collapses his arms, Sienna blocks both his forearms. Wrapping her hands around his wrists and grabbing his arms, she pulls her hands to her hips causing Gruff to stumbled forwards. Maintaining her hold on his left arm, she lets go with her right and punches him in the face. Sweeping her arm low, she bends her knees and reaches between his legs. Straightening her legs, she lifts Gruff over her shoulders by the arm and the leg and throws him. (This move is known as Kata-Guruma in Judo). Getting back to his feet, Gruff throws a few more punches; jab, cross, hook, cross, jab, cross. Sienna dodges the first for punches but is hit by the last two. Grabbing her head while she's dazed, Gruff headbutts her, then pulls her head down towards his knee. Blocking with both her hands, Sienna pushes his knee back towards the ground. Grabbing his shoulders, she places one leg on his hip and drops onto her back, flipping him over herself. (Tomoe-Nage, Judo). Jumping back on their feet, Gruff hits Sienna in the ribs with a hook and then hits her with a push kick (Teep Kick, Muay Thai). Running at her, her attempts another jab, but she once again grabs his wrist. This time, Sienna proceeds to grab under his arm with her other hand and throw him over her hip. (Ippon Seoinage, Judo). As he pushes himself back up on his knees, Sienna wraps one arm around his neck, the other hand placed on the back of his head, holding him in a sleeper hold. Tightening her bicep as Gruff claws at her arm, his blood supply is cut off and he falls unconscious.