Chapter XIV: Et tu Brute?

"So much for your father respecting me, huh?" You ask as you hear Blake's footsteps approaching from behind, the smell of her perfume carried by the wind.

"(F/N), I'm so, so sorry for what my father said." Blake says, her voice almost pleading.

"It's not your fault." You tell her. "You need not apologize for the actions of your father."

"Yes, I do." Walking forwards, she comes and stands next to you.

"There is no man or woman alive that I've respected more than your father." You wrap an arm around Blake's shoulders. She responds by nuzzling her face into your chest. "So you can imagine how much it wounds me to hear him say such things."

"He didn't mean it." Blake says. "I think he still feels you betrayed him years ago. He's kept that resentment with him for the past two years."

"Yes," you sigh, "I suppose. Perhaps I ought to speak with him privately. After we've both had a chance to cool our heads."

Continuing to stand in silence, Blake looks up at you and kisses you on your chin. "It's late (F/N), come back to the house."

Taking your hand, she softly pulls on your arm, prompting you to follow. Reaching the house after a brief fifteen-minute hike, you enter the house to find it quiet, even the buzzing of the lights has been silenced as the house sleeps. Leading you to the second floor, Blake tries to pull you into her room, but you stop her.

"Blake, what if your parents find us?" You whisper.

"That's not our problem. They're the one's that have to learn to be comfortable with it, not us."

"But..."

"Please (F/N)." She begs in her most adorable voice. "I've gotten used to having you next to me on the trip over."

With a sigh, you follow her into her room. Without removing your clothes, the two of you settle down in her bed, bodies close together. Burying her face into your chest, Blake nudges your hand with the top of her head. Smiling, you trace your fingers along the folds of her cat ears and through her hair. Kissing the top of her head, you close your eyes and allow the sound of her gentle purring carry you off the sleep.

Time Skip:

The next morning you awake to the sound of a camera shutter. Quickly pushing yourself into a sitting position, you blindly look around the room.

"Mom!" Blake shouts. "What are you doing?!"

"I'm sorry dear, but the two of you just looked so precious together." Kali says, her voice accompanied by the sound of another 'click'. "Don't worry, I won't tell your father."

"Mom! Get out!" Blake throws a pillow at her mother, but Kali quickly exits the room. The pillow hits the door and falls to the ground. Blake groans and falls back into the bed. You lay back down as well, propping yourself up on an elbow. "What?" Blake asks as she sees your grinning face.

"Nothing." You say. "I just love waking up next to you, that's all."

Blake giggles and kisses you quickly on the lips before jumping out of her bed. "Come on (F/N), we better get up. Before my dad finds you."

Descending the stairs, Blake leads you into the kitchen where Kali is sitting, reading the news on her scroll.

"Morning mom." Blake says.

"Good morning Mrs. Belladonna."

"Good morning you two. There's eggs and bacon on the stove. I think Ghira took all the sausages though."