Chapter III: Separate Paths

It's been a month since Blake disappeared. Since that day, Adam has had you scouring all of Vale in search for her, to no avail. Standing in his tent discussing your next course of action, you bring up the fact that Blake still eludes you. "I'll find her brother." You reassure him. "I swear on my life."

"Forget her." Adam says, surprising you. "It's time we go back to Mistral and..."

The rest of Adam's words are cut off by the sounds of fighting from outside. Grabbing your weapons, throwing Wilt and Blush to your brother, the two of you rush outside the tent to be greeted with the sight of the camp in ashes, White Fang bodies strewn about the place. In front of you stand the same three travelers from a month ago.

"What is this?" Adam asks.

The raven-haired woman, Cinder, drops two large swords on the ground while her subordinates, Emerald and Mercury, kneel behind her, each with a briefcase. "We could've gone to anyone for help." She says menacingly. "But we chose you, Adam Taurus." Raising her hand, a wall of flames suddenly erupts around you and your brother. "Our plans will be beneficial to both of us." She says. "Or one of us." Signaling the two behind her, Emerald opens her briefcase revealing a large amount of dust, while Mercury's contains a large sum of Lien. "So, which will it be?"

Later that evening:

Cinder's grand scheme turned out to be to flood the Kingdom with Grimm. Opening the sealed subway tunnels connecting Vale to Mountain Glenn, using explosive to create openings, allowing the Grimm to enter the tunnels, leading them to the city with a runaway train. She assured you that this was only a small part of a much larger plan, one that was sure to benefit the White Fang, but she refused to go into any more detail until you had agreed to join and proved yourselves loyal. After the completion of the first phase.

"This is wrong brother." You say, pacing back and forth in front of your seated brother. Adam had agreed to help Cinder with her plans to send Vale into chaos. You were confident that he had only done so, so that they would leave, giving you time to tear down camp and relocate. You were surprised to discover your brother was actually cooperating with the humans.

"No. What's wrong is the way the humans' continue to treat our kind. No matter what we do, they refuse to learn. We need to send a louder message, and this is the perfect way to do it."

"And what message do you think this will send exactly?" You ask, placing your hands on the table in front of him.

"That the Faunus will no longer roll over while humanity steps on us." Adam says, rising to his feet.

"And what happened today, hmm? Cinder and her people waltzed right into our camp and coerced us into joining them. Humans! Telling us what to do."

"Their plans serve me." He says, walking around from his desk.

"Their plans serve only themselves!" You argue. "Don't let your anger blind you brother! This is not an act of equality. It is an act of terrorism!"

"If the humans can only see us as terrorists then why not play the part?" Adam shouts. Turning his back on you, he slowly walks towards the map on the wall, examining the path from Mountain Glenn to Vale soon to be created. "It's time the humans learn we refuse to be treated like cattle."

"Violence only begets violence brother." You say quietly. "Father only knew how to hate, and that hatred got him and mother killed."

Quickly turning, Adam draws his blade and points it at you. "Father and Mother were killed because the police didn't think they were worth saving! Because Faunus lives aren't as important as human lives."