X

Bella, a few days later, was sitting with the Chocobros eating food that Ignis cooked for them. Kirara was sitting on the ground eating the fresh vegetables happily. Bella finished her food and looked up seeing everyone finishing up their food.

"I was curious, do you all have Chocobos?" asks the young maiden and the men froze looking at her. "What?"

"Do we have... YES, we have Chocobos!" Prompto grins widely grabbing her hands pulling her up making her eyes widen. "I honestly thought you would never ask!"

"... Meaning?"

"There's a Chocobo post about five minutes away, I don't see why we couldn't go visit it," Ignis suggests making Prompto yell happily making everyone chuckle.

~

After finishing cleaning the Caravan, they began walking toward the Chocobo post. It had been a while since she's seen Chocobos, she wondered if they were any different looking then the ones in her world. Kirara was on Gladio's shoulder sitting there watching everything. Ever since Ardyn dropped them off, Kirara has been more tense and it worried Bella, but she knew better.

After getting to the post, they were looking for someone to ask about the Chocobos. "Excuse me, we'd like to ride some Chocobos," Prompto asked the man as soon as he saw someone.

The man turned to them with a small frown. "The Chocobos, huh? I hate to break it ya'll but we can't permit our birds to leave the Post." The man informed them. "Not while Deadeye's still about. He's an uncommonly ferocious behemoth that's taken to prowlin' these parts of late." The man sighs a little bit. "His scent makes our birds nervous an' to prevent accidents an' tragedies, we have no choice but to suspend rentals."

Bella sighs quietly, looking at Prompto as his face held a small frown, she walked up to him and touched his shoulder gently. "But hold on -" The man started once more making Bella look at him curiously. "Are you lads that have been makin' a mark?" The men nod with a small smile on their face. Bella's just held confusion a bit, wondering what he meant. "You reckon you can handle the likes of Deadeye?"

The young woman looks at the sharpshooter, whose face light up and look at Noctis. Noctis nods with a small smile on his face. They all begin walking towards Deadeye's lair, passing the Post and going into the Nebulawood to take down Deadeye. Kirara, once a fair amount of distance away, jumped off Gladio's shoulder and changed into her sabertooth form making Bella smile as Kirara rubs herself against Bella's upper side. 

Then, everyone hears a loud growl in the distance, "The hell?" questioned Gladio as they all stopped.

Bella and Kirara looked up seeing a tree falling in the distance, you could hear the tree hit the ground. Bella takes a deep breath and looks at everyone; "Something's amiss,"

"C'mon." Gladio encouraged everyone as they nod and continue going. Kirara lets out a low growl, keeping herself close to Bella.

As they continued, they heard another loud growl. "Geez, that thing sounds very unhappy." Bella commented quietly with a frown painting on her face. Bella noticed the further they went in, the heavier the fog got. Kirara kept her eyes ahead of her, Bella puts her hand on Kirara's fur, making sure to stay close to her.

When they got to a destination where they had to crawl through to get to the other side, Gladio stopped Noctis from going ahead, Bella understood why. Gladio motioned everyone to follow him; The shield went first, then Noctis, then Bella, followed by Kirara, Ignis, and Prompto pulled up from behind. Bella could feel Kirara close to her, Bella's heart began pounding against her chest but she knew what this was from.  While quietly crawling through the thing, Gladio motioned everyone to stop. Bella felt the stomps from the behemoth, quietly gulping the young woman looked up seeing the beast standing there shaking his head.