III

Original: October 9th, 2018 with 2176 word count

Updated: November 1st, 2019 with 2754 word count

~

Everyone began walking to the edge of the city where a beach resided, they made sure they didn't disturb the citizens, finally getting a good distance away, Bella stood there with her weapon ready, watching Gladio summoning his weapon. Looking around him and watching his movements, Bella instantly knew it could end up being a challenge.

Pinching her lips tightly, she continued analyzing him. 'Don't underestimate him, Bella,' She reminded herself loosening her lips. 'He may be extremely tall and full of muscle, but he can also be quick,' She quickly takes her sword and puts it in front of her face, leaning her forehead against it, closing her eyes imagining her brother.

"Embrace your dreams..." She whispers to herself, remembering what her brother told her when she was growing up. "And whatever happens... Protect your honor..." Bella slowly puts down her sword and gets ready to fight as she opens her eyes quickly looking at Gladio as he readies himself. "Let's do this!"

Bella digs her heel into the ground and launches herself towards Gladio quickly, pushing her sword behind her, Bella lightly touches the ground jumping high into the air. She thrusts her weapon at his sword making a loud clang, she smirks his way after he blocked the attack, obviously. Bella swings her right leg towards him, Gladio quickly lifts left arm to block the attack making him grunt. Pushing her sword off his, she back-flips away from him shifting her sword into a gun and shoots three rounds at him.

Gladio blocked two out of the three bullets heading his way as one grazed his shoulder, Bella smirks landing on the ground turning three hundred and sixty degrees once more shooting another three rounds at him making him grunt and jump away from the shots. Bella takes her foot and launches herself into the air once more shifting her gun into a blade and begins descending towards Gladio making him block the attack again. Bella smirks, eyes narrowing as they glow a bright green while she pushes herself once more against him and he yelps at the crater forming below him.

Bella takes her left foot setting it on his sword using as momentum to launch herself in the air again shifting her sword into a gun and shoots another few rounds towards him, he smirks knowing this trick and dodges quickly. Bella lets out a laugh using her hand to guide the shots towards him making him gasp as the shots hit him in the left leg and both shoulders, freezing them. Bella back-flips as she once again descends towards him and her eyes still bright green.

Using his sword, he blocks the attack once more, letting the dust surround them making the other three men gasp covering their eyes from the onslaught of sand. All three could hear all the swords clashing together but couldn't see what was going on in the sand. When all three of the men opened their eyes slightly, they saw sparks from the weapons. They tried to follow what was going on but couldn't quite do so still.

After the sand finally settled, they opened their eyes fully seeing no sparks from the weapons and then a loud thump lands in front of them. Prompto lets out a quick yelp landing on his ass from the sudden appearance of Gladio's sword; they all look up seeing Gladio on his knees and Bella's sword against his neck. Her eyes still shining that bright green, they both were panting and dirty from all the sand that just surrounded them. Finally, Bella takes away her sword and takes a deep breath letting her eyes change back to her sky-blue eyes, she puts her weapon down as it changes back to Kirara while she shakes off what just happened.

"I gotta hand it to ya," panted a very tired Gladio as he stood up dusting off his pants. "You're a worthy opponent," He looks at her as she dusts herself off as well. "I can't believe someone as small – " Bella twitches visibly. " – as you could pull it off," Gladio finishes with a smirk.