Hold On (Side Story)

THIS WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FROM THE GAME CRISIS CORE AS IT'S THE ENDING TO IT. IT IS A SMALL SONG FIC WITH THE SONG; 'HOLD ON' BY CHORD OVERSTREET, I REALLY HOPE YOU LIKE IT!

Please let me know if you'd like to know more about Bella, like, maybe post about her time in Final Fantasy VII? Comment below and lemme know! Please, enjoy!!

*it's also short so I apologize in advance...*

~

Hold on, I still want you...

Come back, I still need you...

Bella sat by a disoriented Cloud, keeping him safe. The shirt was obviously too big for her as she heard the truck go. Zack was speaking to Cloud as if he was listening. Kirara was sitting next to Bella sleeping away.

"Pull over," Zack told the old man as he did. Zack hops out, grabbing Bella as she stood up putting her down on the ground as Kirara jumps on Bella's shoulder as Zack grabs Cloud while they began running away from the army.

"Big brother..."

"Don't worry, Chibi..." Zack assured, "We'll be okay... But I need you to stay with Cloud, alright?"

Bella's eyes well up with tears as she shakes her head. "Don't leave me... I need you..."

Zack touches her head dragging it down to her cheek wiping away the tears falling down her face. "I don't want you to cry, Chibi, I promise..." Zack turns away from Bella and looks at Kirara. "Keep her safe for me, yeah?"

Taking his hand away from her cheek, he begins walking off. Cloud begins reaching for him not to leave him.

"No..." Bella whispers, standing up from Kirara grabs the shirt, keeping a tight grip on her. "Let me go, Kirara..."

She heard shots and her brothers' sword clashing against the guns. Tears continue falling down her face, Bella shakes her head violently, wanting to scream loudly. But she knew if she did, she would give away their location.

~'*'~

What felt like hours, the rain started falling, then she heard the final shot. "No..." She grabs Cloud wrapping his arm around her neck and started dragging him to where Zack could be. "You promised..."

After dropping Cloud near Zack after seeing his state, Bella began crying again. "You broke a promise, Zack, and you never do that..."

"I know... I'm so sorry Chibi..." Zack smiles at her, and then looks at Cloud. "For the... for the both of us..."

"Both of us..." Cloud stutters out looking at him.

Zack smiles lightly, "That's right... you're both gonna..." Zack grabs Cloud gently and brings him down to his bloody chest making Bella cry leaning down too, dowsing her head in his blood as he took his hand putting it on her head too. "Live."

"You'll both be... My living legacies..." Zack's hand drops to the ground, looking up at the sky while both Bella and Cloud bring their heads up and look at him. Zack then looks at his sword bringing it to Cloud. "My honor... My dreams... They're both yours now..." Cloud reaches up and touches the sword, gripping it gently as Zack pushed it to his chest gently while his hand fell.

"We're your... living legacies..."

Zack smiles and nods. "Take care... of her for me... Would you?" And with that, he closes his eyes and lets out his last breath.

"Please... don't leave me..." Bella whimpers, grabbing Zack's hand bring it to her face. "No... you can't! You promised me you'd stay!" Bella yells gripping his hand. "Come back... I still need you... Big brother..."

Cloud lets out a scream, remembering everything he and Zack of done. Bella lets out an uncontrollable sob closing her eyes tightly.

"I promise you and me, Chibi, we will be together forever," "Remember to be strong, you have my blood running through your veins, you will survive this!" "Chibi!"

"Rose..." Bella looks up at Cloud while he holds out his hand. "Let's go..."

I don't wanna let go

I know I'm not that strong...

I just wanna hear you say "Chibi, let's go home"

... Let's go home ...

Hold on, I still want you...

Come back... I still need you...