FFVII (Bella's Past) VI

After bidding Elmyra goodbye, Bella followed Cloud, Tifa, and Barret to the park, luckily, Cloud remembers the way to the park so they could go into the Underground Passageway. Sighing a little bit, Bella walks while the grownups talked, Kirara on her shoulder watching the young girl carefully. Bella turns her head to look at Kirara with a small smile on her face.

"The main entrance to Sector 7 is buried under rubble now," Tifa stated to everyone. "So, how are we supposed to get back inside."

"Underground passage in the park," stated Cloud simply.

Barret looks at him and slowly nods. "Ah, good plan..."

"I know another way to get there," Cloud spoke to them. "Aerith showed me before."

Bella smiles rushing up to him and gently grabbing his arm. "Heh... Aerith knows her stuff," Barret chuckles as they continue walking.

Kirara jumps onto Cloud's head while Bella trots ahead a little bit on the way to the underground passageway. Bella slowed to a stop when she approached it. She looked at the sign that said 'Collapsed Expressway'

Bella sees a ladder in front of her and begins climbing it, Cloud behind her, Tifa and Barret trailing behind them. When Bella reached the top of the ladder, she pushed herself up from it. Cloud behind her as Kirara jumps down from his head landing on the ground and shaking off the excess fur. Kirara then hops her way to Bella who was slightly walking ahead.

"Rose, try and stay back with us," Cloud informed her. Bella stops walking for a moment and turns back seeing the group walking past her a little bit, she quickly trots behind Cloud and walks behind him.

"Get the bastards!" called someone in the distance. Bella stopped as Kirara gets down and transforms into her big form trotting towards Bella and stopping right beside her when they all enter the expressway. "Not so fast!" called the same bandit as three of them rush up the group. "You wanna come through here, you'll need to provide due compens—You again!" The three bandits glance at Cloud who stands there with no expression on his face.

"Oh, shit!" said another bandit.

"Friends of yours?" asked Barret glancing back at Cloud who shrugs.

"Not really," Cloud responds making Bella chuckle.

Kirara growls. "Stop lying! We go way back!"

The bandits quickly run off before they got beat up again. Kirara huffs and Bella hops on Kirara begins following the group again toward the end of the Expressway. It didn't take very long to get to the end. Just felt like it.

"Over there!" Tifa points to the Dual Robot Arms Worksite.

The group walks out of the Expressway and into Evergreen Park, Kirara pauses in her step while Bella looks around and begins reminiscing back to when Aerith brought her here when they took a walk from the park. Zack, once or a few times, joined them when he wasn't on a mission and watched while Bella played on the playground. But— Bella saw it destroyed and wasn't what it once was. A sad look crossed her face as a tear builds up in her eye.

"Do you think we'll get her back, Kirara?" questions the young girl quietly while she glances over to the group talking to someone. "Do you think she will recognize me?"

"I know she will, Bella," Kirara replied to her. "And we will, we will not give up."

Kirara then began following Cloud to the slide. Swallowing thickly, Bella watches as the three adults go through the slide, Bella hops off Kirara and begins following while Kirara hops down. And they walk through the underground passageway and then they are all in Sector 7.