Facade [Part 1/3]

Quake knew his eldest brother was hurting. He just didn't know how.

His came from a large family, and he was the second oldest among his siblings. Emphasis on large. His parents seemed to have some medallion on giving birth to the most children in a few years' span.

Their oldest brother was Boboiboy, and he was the only one that came out as the only one. Quake was the oldest among the eldest triplets – Quake, Thunderstorm and Cyclone. They still had two pairs of twins – Blaze and Ice, Thorn and Solar.

All of them had powers, and it was thanks to their oldest brother. After Boboiboy had achieved all his second tier elements, he gave a big portion to his siblings. Seven brothers, seven elements. He retained all his beta elements and stayed at TAPOPS full-time.

Boboiboy just returned quieter every visit, said hello with lesser energy than the last. Something is affecting him, but Quake just couldn't put his finger on it.

Thunderstorm and Solar consulted him about it, but he was surprised that the two noticed. Thunderstorm had always acted so cold to everyone, and Solar was only 10. But he knew his brothers. They were extremely talented in their own fashion.

"Do you think it's something he met at TAPOPS?" Thunderstorm suggested blandly. "Perhaps it's the problem."

Quake considered this. Their brother lived for TAPOPS. There was no way he would have thought that organization as annoying.

"Should we call his friends?" Solar offered. "They should know."

Quake shook his head. He'd done it by breakfast, and they were oblivious towards their leader's condition.

At this rate, they could only assume. Nothing rash can be done, since talking to Boboiboy nowadays was like threading on ice. One wrong move and it might trigger him into a full shutdown.

Quake sighed. He just had to be the mother of the group. Of course Boboiboy could, but he's always away.

"Why don't you pose as him?" Thunderstorm said abruptly. "You and him... you two act the same. Even our heights are similar it's creepy. You could spend a day in his life... and see what's wrong with him."

Solar stared at his older brother like he was deranged. "That plan holds many flaws," he deadpanned. "But it sounds like the only plan we have in our possession. So what about Boboiboy? Won't he know?"

Quake grimaced. "First of all, that would never work," he huffed, plopping himself on his swivel chair. This conversation just had to take place in his room. "Secondly, how am I supposed to pull this off? They'll notice something's weird."

Thunderstorm snorted. "Trust us when we say we couldn't tell you apart if it wasn't for your eyes and colour scheme. You two act the same no matter what, since you spent the most time with him since birth."

"What, you jealous that we spend so much time together?"

"I'm not going to reply to that statement," Thunderstorm muttered, almost to himself. "But do you have another plan?"

Solar and Quake exchanged looks, but they had nothing.

Thunderstorm nodded. "Good. Because it's our best shot."

Solar had to agree. "We'll give it a test run. I heard from Thorn that Boboiboy's going back to TAPOPS for another week, so we'll use that time to perfect your acting skills. Then we'll test it out on the others, presuming they're not aware of this plan."

What could Quake say? He dug his own grave. Now he had to go along with this plan and the final nails will be hammered down to his coffin.

The next morning, they had raided Boboiboy's closets and stuffed Quake into it. Embarrassingly, they fitted like a glove.