Chapter 28

It had been about a week since Zayn went out with Erica on a little lunch date type thing, in which, they had fun and got to know each other quite a bit more. Zayn couldn't stop thinking about being around, and seeing Erica again, they had talked over the phone multiple times since then, but he wanted to plan something for all three of them to do, and have her over again. Heather wouldn't stop complaining about how she missed Hannah and having someone else to play with, instead of her daddy, Zayn. He liked how well that Hannah got along.

"Heather! Come downstairs for breakfast! I have something planned for the two of us to do after we eat!" Zayn hollers up the stairs. While walking into the kitchen

Zayn called Erica yesterday and arranged for them to meet at their local zoo, because none of them had ever been to there before. Erica and Zayn both knew that the girls would be so excited to go there, both girls loved animals.

"Where are we going, daddy?!" Heather questioned, knitting her eyebrows together, as she walked into the kitchen, the plate of pancakes and cup of strawberry milk at her place at the table quickly caught her attention. She climbed up into her chair.

Heather really wanted to hear what her daddy had planned for the day, but the food tasted so good that she let it go and figured she would ask again a little bit later.

Zayn didn't need to say anything else about eating breakfast, Heather had already sat down and started shoving food into her mouth before he pulled out his own chair to sit down.

Zayn laughed, smiling as he watched his daughter eat her breakfast. He sat down in his chair, at the table and began to eat breakfast, noticing the pancakes were really good and couldn't blame Heather for eating them so hungrily.

"Oh! So, where are we going!?" Heather asks again, barely containing her excitement, while having finished her plate of food and cup of milk. Zayn swallowed the bite of the food in his mouth and debated whether to tell her or leaving it as a surprise.

Finishes off his last bite of pancakes Zayn gets up from the table and takes Heather's plate and his own to the sink and sets them down, knowing Ossie will come later and wash them.

"It's a surprise. But, we have to be heading out now. So come one," Zayn gestures Heather to follow him to the door. "We have to go pick up Erica and Hannah first, though." Zayn grabs a light jacket for Heather and one for himself off of their coat rack, just in case the temperature drops.

"Yayyy!!!! I missed Hannah!!" Heather squealed excitedly, not able to hold in her excitement about seeing her best friend anymore.

Heather smiled brightly and danced around a bit, she really had missed Hannah. She missed Erica too, especially because Erica payed attention to her, and liked her, unlike purple hair.

Zayn opened the front door and Heather skipped out into the garage, and then stopped to wait for Zayn, as she knew not to leave the garage without him.

Heather vividly remembered when Hannah ran out into the road and all Erica did was scold her. Heather had also noticed her daddy looked quite disappointed about how the situation was handled.

Zayn hit the garage door opener, to open the garage, grabbed a hold of Heather's hand and walked out to the awaiting limousine, closing the garage behind them. Heather had gotten so used to riding in a limousine that it was no longer intriguing or amazing to her anymore.

They both climbed in the back, shutting the door. Zayn helped Heather buckle in and then he smiled, watching his daughter look out the window, as the smile on her face still hadn't disappeared yet. He told the limo driver where to go, and before long, they were on there way to meet up with Erica and Hannah.