Chapter 25

It has been 2 weeks since the blown up argument between Sophie and Zayn. Zayn has been avoiding everyone. Locking himself away in his den. Heather has hated her dad not being around.

Heather tried everything to get her daddy's attention. She cheated on her math test, getting caught. She scribbled on the wall with crayons. She let her room turn into a total wreck. Ossie and the school both talked to Zayn, but Zayn only had Ossie make Heather write lines or stand in the corner. Nothing she did was getting her dad out of his den.

One night Ossie made Fried fish for dinner and Heather refused to eat it. She kept pushing it away, when Ossie who was clearly getting frustrated. Kept pushing it back in front of Heather.

"You have to eat it."

"I don't want it!" Heather defiantly shoved it away from her.

Ossie threw her hands in the air.

" You will sit there and eat ever bite, or you won't leave that table!"

Heather felt her frustration turn into anger and she screamed at the top of her lungs, throwing her plate of food off the table, her silverware and glass of milk followed it. She pounded on the table with her fists screaming.

Zayn came storming out of den looking wild eyed. Marched over to his daughter who was still screaming and slapped her leg hard.

Caught off guard Heather stared at her daddy.

"What in tarnation are you doing?" Then seeing the mess on the floor, he looked sternly at his daughter.
"Did you do that?" he asked pointing at the mess on the floor.

Heather was still speechless, it had been 2 weeks since she had seen her dad. Even seeing him mad was worth it.

"HEATHER!"

Heather jumped a little, remembering he had asked her a question. She shook her head yes, which earned her a hard glare.

(Sorry it is so short, I do a longer update later. Thanks for reading, What do you think should happen next?)