Chapter 6

Zayn woke up really early, he couldn't seem to sleep very long, He looked over at the alarm clock on his night stand, it read 5:30 am, he ran his hands through his hair, got up and went downstairs to his den.

When he got there, he booted up his computer, he had tossed and turned all night, thinking about the pros and cons of using spanking as a punishment.

He poured through articles after articles of why spanking was wrong, and that groundings and timeouts work best.

Zayn laughed out loud, it didn't work earlier with Heather!

He poured through articles of why spanking when administered correctly can stop bad behavior, and deter the child from repeating the bad behavior.

He thought about all the kids in Juvie, and if only they had been brought up correctly, they wouldn't be there and thought to himself, no way is his kid going to end up there.

He opened up a microsoft word document and set to work, making a behavior chart for Heather.

He looked at the clock and realized he had been so preoccupied, that it was now 8:30am, and sure enough, he could hear the small footsteps of his daughter on the stairs.

He stepped out of this den in time to see a yawning, blue-eyed redhead, even though her hair was mussed up from sleep and she was still in her frilly pink nighty, she was still cute.

When she saw Zayn, she ran for him.

"Daddy!" she jumped into his arms and hugged him.

Zayn carried Heather to the kitchen.

"What does my sweet angel want for breakfast?"

They found Ossie in the kitchen making pancakes, Zayn sat Heather down on one of the bar stools next to the counter.

"I want what she's make making." she pointed at Ossie.

Ossie put a pancake on the plate and poured syrup in it, handed it to Heather.

Zayn and Heather ate breakfast, then went into the living room together, and sat down together.

"Heather, we need to talk about what happened, last night." He moved Heather around on his lap so that he was able to look at her.

"We are going to set some rules." Zayn got up leaving Heather on the couch, grabbed the behavior chart from his den and showed it to Heather.

"This is a chart to track your behavior, each day for the month is marked. On the left side is a list of rules.

1. No throwing fits

2. No talking back

3. Doing what your told the first time.

4. No swearing or cussing.

5. No slamming doors.

6. No running in the house.

Now over here on the right side is a list of chores that you will have to do each day.

1. Keep your room clean

2. Put dirty laundry in the basket.

3. Keep your bathroom clean.

4. Puts toys away when your done.

Then here at the bottom is a list of consequences, punishments.

1. Is a warning

2. Time out/grounding

3. Loss of privileges, no TV, phone, computer, friends, or other events

4. spanking"

Heather gasped at hearing the word spanking. She vaguely remembered being popped twice on the butt last night.

It had hurt a little, but didn't want to ever experience it again.

"Spanking? Noooooo!"

"You won't have to worry about it, if your good, and if you ever throw a fit like you did last night, we skip all three steps and go straight to a spanking, got it?"

Heather nodded her head. Got up and hugged her daddy.

Zayn pulled Heather into a hug, he hated having to think about spanking her, but he wasn't going to allow her to whatever she wants, without consequences, she was going to be brought up right.

He showed her the star stickers that were in colors, gold, red, and blue.

"Everytime you do something good, you will get a gold star, for doing chores, and good behavior, at the end of the day you want to have two gold stars on your chart, one for chores and one for behavior, if you have a red star for behavior at the end of the day, you will get a spanking before bed, understand?"

Heather nodded her head, they put the chart up in the hallway between the living room and kitchen, then went and got dressed for the day.

(Sorry it was kind of short, let me know how you like it.)