Chapter 2

Heather and Zayn left the orphanage, he sat her down in the back seat of the limo, and buckled her in, then slid in beside her. He looked down at the little girl, and felt a tug at his heart, she was the cutest thing that he had ever seen, even if she was in a dirty wrinkled pink jumper dress and scuffed up white Mary janes. The driver, Jose, turned around and said in broken English.

"Where to sir?"

Zayn was still studying the shy, red hair blue eyed child, that was now his daughter, at the same time she was studying him, she saw his clean shaven face, his brown eyes that showed how happy he was, she gave a small smile, and realized that this man was now her daddy.

" I think this little lady needs new clothes and all of the accessories to go with it, please Jose take us to the most expensive child's clothing store, so my daughter can get the personal attention she deserves."

Jose drove for about twenty minutes and pulled up to a big tall building, it had models of children in the windows, dressed in different types of clothing. They exited the limousine, it must have created quite a stir in the building to see a limousine pull up out front, cause as soon as they walked in, there was a long line of people from the store manager, to attendees.

The store manager, stepped forward, "May I help you sir?"

Zayn put Heather down, and put his arm around her, stooping down to her level.

I'm Zayn Malik, and this is my new daughter, please get her everything and anything she will need, as you can see she has nothing."

All eyes turned to Heather and there disapproving eyes looked her up and down taking in her appearance.

Zayn reached into his wallet and handed the store manager a credit card,

"Please do not, spare any expense on my daughter, I want her to be out fitted for every kind of weather."

The managers eyes lit up on hearing that.

"Chop, chop, people let's get started."

Before Heather knew it she was being whisked away to a different room, her old dress was taken off and she was put in a different dress, by the time an hour had passed she had tried on a half dozen dresses, pants, shirts, shorts, slips, socks, panties, shoes, from dress shoes to sandals and foot flops to rain boots and sneakers. Zayn had found a comfy seat in a chair and was watching all the proceedings, and was approving or disapproving, the outfits that the attendants, were showing him. The sun had just came out, as if on cue, it was the middle of May, so they all decided that Heather was going to wear a sunny yellow dress, it had a matching parasol, with lacy socks, and shiny white Mary Jane shoes that fastened around the ankle. All the other clothes that were approved was boxed up, since it was such a large load, 2000+ boxes, in all different sizes, it was going to be delivered to the house later.

Zayn picked up Heather, finalized all the credit card paperwork, and left the store.

Jose beamed a smile at Heather.

"Oh don't you look cute!"

Heather shot a shy smile back to Jose, but didn't say anything.

"Jose, I would like to take Heather to the Salon, and get her hair washed and styled."

"Very good sir."

They got in the limousine and drove to the salon.

The people in the salon were happy to see a celebrity in there salon, they washed Heather's hair and curled the ends of it, they gushed over how cute she was. As they were leaving the salon, they got bombarded by the paparazzi, Zayn held Heather close, knowing that she had no idea what was going on.

"Zayn, when were you going to tell the world that you adopted a little girl?"

"What will the other boys of One Direction think about this?"

"Have you even told, them, did you do it out of pity for the little girl?"

Zayn rushed through the crowd of paparazzi, shielding Heather, who was now, so scared, she was crying, he gritted his teeth, how dare they even ask that last question, pity? There was no pity, it was quite obvious that Heather needed out of that place and that is what he did. When he got to the limousine, he got in and buckled himself and Heather in, he left her on his lap, trying to soothe her.

"shhhh, it's OK Heather, there gone, your safe."

He patted her back and realized that he would do anything to keep her safe.

He thought back to the questions that the paparazzi had fired at him, who cares what his other band mates thought about him adopting a little girl, he lived alone anyways, he sighed and realized that Heather had fallen asleep, her eye lashes were the same color as her hair and were resting on the tops of her cheeks, she looked so serene, so angelic, he felt his heart swell.

"Jose to the house, I was going to take her toy shopping, but I wasn't anticipating the paparazzi, getting wind of this so quickly, and it looks as if she is worn out."

"Yes, sir."

Jose drove to the house, as Zayn looked down at the little angel sleeping on his lap. He knew he had to tell his band mates before tomorrow, otherwise they would find out about it, cause it would be plastered all over the tabloids.

They pulled up in front of a very big three story house, it was made of brick and stone, it was surrounded by lush lawns, and it was surrounded by a very high security gate, to keep paparazzi and curiosity seekers out.

Zayn picked up Heather who was still sleeping and walked through the big double doors, all of the house staff was in the front foyer, the truck must have arrived, while they were at the salon, they were busy taking the boxes of clothes up to her room, they ooh and awwed over her, as Zayn walked past them to the stairs, he put his finger on his lips to signal to them to be quiet, walked up the stairs, to the room next to his, the room was pink, from the walls to the pink carpet to the big bed in the middle of the room that had an oversized pink comforter and many lush pink pillows, Zayn pulled the comforter back with one free hand, laid Heather down gently resting her head on the pillow, unbuckled her shoes and slid them off, and covered her with the comforter, kissed her on the cheek.

"Sleep tight, my daughter."

Then left the room.