21

"How many people have you killed doing that?! Huh?! What was the main thing that helped us win the war?! Your power! Because it is dangerous!" Marcellus shouted like there was no tomorrow. Bonnie stood blank faced, not moving. Taking in every word he said.

Her power did help them win the war. Wolves became weak and powerless against her. Making it easy for them to be killed. And if she increases the pain a tiny bit they'll end up dying instantly.

"Never ever do they again! Understood?!" Bonnie nodded, still holding her stone cold face. Marcellus held the bridge of his nose. "Just leave." And he didn't have to tell Bonnie twice. She left and immediately wanted to get out of there. To go back home, where all she does is lounge around and drink all day.

But obviously fate wasn't gonna let her do that.

"Bonnie?" A faint, weak voice said behind her. She froze, knowing who it belonged to. Turning around she came face to face with a Millie, who looked pale and worn out, just like she did hundreds of years ago.

~

"It's just a game." Bonnie teased. She lifted up her dress, walking down to the end of the docks. The two were wearing their expensive Victorian dresses, hidden away from the dock workers.

"Bonnie this isn't very ladylike." Millie spat at her. "Oh stop being such a prude, Millie." Bonnie whined, looking over the side of the platform they stood on, watching the men work. "I'm being proper Bonnie, which you should be too." Millie shook her head, disappointed in her friend.

"I've lived through too many kings and queens to care about being proper, Miss Scraf." Bonnie turned around, teasing the girl. "Now let's play the game." Bonnie grinned.

The game she wanted to play was called bloodshed. In which they would find a senior worker, that abuses his power to harm the workers, and throw knives at him. Simple really. However, since Queen Victoria was crowned, the two hadn't played, and that was 30 years ago. So Bonnie wanted to play now, since they didn't have Marcellus to boss them around here.

"Bonnie I said no!" Millie grabbed into Bonnie's arm, which was enough to trigger the girl. The latter pushed Millie back, causing her to crash against a wall. "Lay another finger on me and I'll have you beheaded." Bonnie snapped.

Millie wasn't having this. It was a fake threat anyway. Bonnie couldn't get the woman beheaded, because the two were of the same social status.

"Bonnie I said we aren't playing!" Millie turned the girl around, throwing her to the side. This turned Bonnie's eyes red, her veins popping with her sharp fangs pointing out. And she mumbled a word incoherent to others, but not to herself.

"Pain."

Millie's back cracked, snapping into two. Blood would of been soaking and staining her flower printed dress if she was human. Pain consumed her still body. Now laying on the floor, in a pool of sweat, tears streaming down her face, looking sickeningly pale and awfully tired. And towering over her was a guilt ridden Bonnie.

Who vowed never to hurt her again.

But vows can be forgotten in the worst of times.

~

Bonnie lost all emotion in her face upon seeing her. Knowing she had broken her one rule. Hurting one of the very few people she had left. Hurting her best friend.

"Bonnie, are you okay?" She wasn't. She was beaten herself up in the inside. All she wanted to do was steal a few bottles of bourbon and sit on the roof and drink. But not alone. Never alone.

"You well enough for a drink?" She questioned Millie, who broke out into a smile. "I'm always well enough for a drink." Millie and Bonnie both smiled gently towards one another. Smiling through the physical and mental pain they were in. But that doesn't mean those smiles weren't sincere. They were sincere. Heartfelt. Loving.

Because they've made it this far with each other. And they aren't planning on losing each other. That's how Immortality works.

———

"Look at the that one." Phoebe was jumping around the pack gardens. Being watched by the two girls from above. Who looked down lovingly. "It's beautiful." She said, holding up for the two to see. "Not as beautiful as you." Millie shouted, causing to girl to giggle and skip away to the next flower.

"You have enough for another?" Lucy asked shyly behind them. Looking down at their many bottles, then to each other. Bonnie and Millie nodded, scooting up for the girl to sit. "She's very energetic, isn't she?" Lucy looked at the girl in a motherly way. "She always has been. It one of her many amazing traits." Millie mumbled.

"You really do love each other, don't you?" Lucy looked up to the vampires.
"Do you not have any friends you're close with?" Millie questioned. Lucy held her head low, shaking it. She looked ashamed. Then someone lifted her head, looking her directly in the eyes. "I might not like your kind, but anyone as caring and loving as you can be my friend, any day." Bonnie brightly smiled, causing Lucy to smile as big as she could.

Pulling Bonnie in for a tight hug, mumbling thank yous, over and over. And Bonnie didn't push her away, like she usually would. No, she embraced the girl just as tight. Millie smiled fondly at the two. "I wanna hug too." She heard Phoebe whine from down below. Causing Millie to zoom up to her, lifting her up and tuning around. "Weeeeeee!" Phoebe yelled out, arms in the air.

And right now their worlds were beautiful. For the most part, it was perfect.

However, all perfect things must come to an end.