1: Change

Walking through the gloomy evening of a overgrown path, you glance ever so often behind you and you need to remind yourself;

It's in the past now.

Your (h/c) hair swishes back and forth with every footfall, the faint thumps echoing slightly, and even the change in your pocket was dampened by the slight rain.

"Come back..."

Three Years Before

You stride through the airport whilst chewing gum. You followed your dad mindlessly -your head was still not fully in Japan yet.

I'm starting again... again.
Like every year!
Move in, make friends, leave.
No marks, no impressions, no commitments.
Mindless orders.

They say it's intended.
You will learn to accept it.
And I have.

But I'm back home.

And new neighbours...

You shudder.
You could just not go out, be that emo-child...
But that sometimes rouses the adventurous.
It prompts people to think, oh, she has a secret... or, they think that you 'need to come out of your shell', that you have a dark past and need a lover to open it up.

Been there.
Done that.
Played the former and the latter.

Now you can be yourself.
But...

"Old habits die hard ya'know?" Your dads deep and strong voice resonated.
He went over to the counter and purchases a little trinket from an old 100 yen shop.

Still mindless, you've followed him to your old house and then a shop for groceries.
The little trinket he handed you was -surprise surprise- a pressed penny, or in this case some old yen hung on a string.
"S'nother coin for your key-chain-collection thing."
Your right. Old habits do die hard. You can't shake your fake accent in foreign countries, dad.

"Well thanks dad." You yawn, flopping onto your dusty black sofa.
"Black leather is hard to come by, Japanese furniture is way different from the Americas..." He replies, looking at you through the living room mirror to the kitchen.
His tan earlobe bore the signature braided ring of metal, while you wore yours high and mighty on the cartilage.
You sigh and roll over onto the floor and go to your room.
"Anyways... how is your boyfri-"

"HES NOT MY BOYFRIEND DAD!" You cut him off, your face heating up dramatically.
"He's annoying and stuck up and always acts like he knows better and he is so distant and won't give you the time of day!"

Rubbing his temples your dad regretted his decision immediately.

"And besides he was assigned to me I don't like him at all and glad we left them!" You added.

"Yikes ok ok... don't forget we still are keeping our training regime though!" Your dad chuckled, sorting the dusty dishes.

———————-
Like this new beginning? Or epilogue...?
I think I want to add more... but idk... I like this part better because I think it makes the atmosphere more moody, and gives you your character thingie a good grabish......
Oh well read one....

:)