3: Dearly Departed

Walking home from school, you are accompanied by Itano.

"So..." she started playing with her hair.

You inwardly sigh, knowing where the conversation will be heading.

"Rau... h-he's just so kind! I can't believe that he'd treat us to lunch like that!" Your best friends gushes, appearing nervous.
"And even though Toritsuka spilled his lunch!"

That's because he's rich, and wants to show off...

"Oh... (l/n) I think I've fallen for him!"

That was blunt.

"Really..." you say, and Itano goes on.
"I know, but unlike the others, he didn't get mad at us for spilling his drink! He's so cute!"

Rubbing your forehead, you make a sound close to a sound of agreement, and you inwardly sigh again.

"Don't you like him?"

You pause before answering.
"Ah, well I guess so..."

"Aw it's ok! I-" Your friend immediately tenses up.

"As a friend."

Itano doesn't do a good job of hiding her relief but you let it go this time.
"Oh, oh that's alright! Haha, do you think he'll like me back...?" Itano continues on.
"You never know..." You reply, looking at the next intersection.

You walk a bit farther and Itano finally notices the intersection, looking a bit down.

"Oh no! This is where we have to split apart! See you tomorrow (l/n)!" Itano waves before departing, her black hair cutely swishing back and forth.
"Text me (l/n)!" She mouthed.

You finally look up at your friend, and decide something.

"Please, call me (f/n)."

A while later

In a different set of clothes, you walk out from a dark alleyway, the sun just going down, and your (h/l) (h/c) tied loosely.

A masculine scream suddenly sounded, and you cringe.

Crap