11: DodgeBall

Dodgeball.

Saiki and class came onto the field.
There was something wrong....

"Guys aren't we a bit early....?" Kaido asked nervously, and shining Haido turned to them.
"Class 2! We will win the dodgeball tournament with all we got! So today we will use our double period of PE. to train!"

Que groans of protest, encouraging words from Haido then a cheer.

Later

Class 3 struts in, and examines the puffing enemies.
"What the hell...?"
Haido says some more words of encouragement and while class 2 seems to be full of energy, your class seems to be tired of seeing someone else be active.

First off, Haido immediately grabs the ball.
He launched it across the field and got a couple people out already. Saiki frowned as his class celebrated. Then something -or some thought- floated his way.

What if he's really really good at sports and doesn't want to show it...

It doesn't finish, and Saiki counter-thinks,
You're somewhat correct, but you are not getting anything special today.

A teammate of yours decided that Saiki will his victim.

He let himself get hit.
A wave of angry thoughts made his way.

"Did you really get yourself hit?" Haido asked solemnly.
Saiki is forced to nod his head, but Haido's mood drastically changes.
"Well you're not out yet!"

Nani?!
The cart for the balls are destroyed!
This piercing thought Saiki read, and he realized he forgot to fix it.
Hopefully she doesn't pursue that...

"The face-safe rule!" Haido announced, pulling Saiki and you back into the game.

Saiki throws a very weak one, and Toritsuka catches it.

Welp...

Nendou, being Nendou the jock took out some people too.

"Ack!" Yoriko squeaked, pointing to Rau.
"Go guys! Don't worry about me!" He called out in return.

Saiki sees you take the ball, and knew you were going for Haido.

An easy out...

But no, Saiki wanted out asap, so he jumped in front of Haido, who took that ball and jumped, showing some butt in the process...

Saiki sees you snickering and averting your eyes, and he quickly realizes he's the last man standing, and soon your team dwindled in the process.

Exactly what I didn't want...

With you and Saiki left, Saiki decided to switch on the like-o-meter, and see what's in store for him.

Nendou gave a low whistle. "You got this buddy!"
Nendou, a suitable 56, a norm for a friend.

Meanwhile you stand there shifting your weight from one foot to another.

Saiki looked around and gathered an average likeness. But for some reason your likeness for the strawberry-boy seemed to be jittering constantly.
She's unsure, and waiting for me to make a move.
Saiki thinks. At this moment there wasn't really any other explanation to think about.

Saiki decides on a spin ball, and surprisingly you jumped out of the way and take the ball then...
Saiki seems unaffected by your fake throw.
She seems skilled but she's trying to mask it.

Reading your intentions Saiki lets the real pass go to hit someone back in.

"Yes! Go (l/n)!" Rau shouts at you.
You turn and seem to force yourself to 'forget' the ball.

Always acting, acting, acting...

Saiki then saw his mistake.

Always having a bit of trouble with controlling his strength, Saiki's wobbly throw made a bee-line for your butt.

"Out!" The instructor yells.
The field went silent for a few seconds then the crowd erupted in low whistles and hoots. Meanwhile you tried to keep your face from heating up. Saiki kept his face nonchalant while he heard Teruhashi's gears rapidly turning.
Was that on purpose? Does he like (y/n)? Was it a mistake? I kind I do feel as if I wanted to be (y/n)...!!!!!!

"Sorry Toritsuka you're on your own now!" Yoriko chimes in, unaware of the dismay of her fellow classmates.
Rau stifles a laugh though he glares at Saiki slightly. You were too caught up in trying to hide the fact that you needed to sooth your aching butt that you didn't see that exchange.

Why do I feel this way? How dare he humiliate (y/n)!
Shortly after you tried to leave the field, but not before Rau decided to pay you a compliment.

Back of Rau... I ain't looking for love.

Your thought rang loud and clear in Saiki's head. Still he tried placing facts to you and nothing fit. He'll have to resort to seeing your files, an easy feat for him, it's just the reason why.

Why do you put him on edge?

—————-
Sorry for the 4 day wait.... I'll plan my chapters more fully next time so I can edit them all at once!

Woooooo

Hehe