Six.

INFERNO-CHAPTER SIX
THREE DAYS LATER-AUGUST 3RD 1993

I sat in the seat that I sat in the last time I was here

Yeah, I'm back at the Mental Institution, surprisingly this was the only place I know Garfield wouldn't come to. I strived to stay out of the exact rooms with him alone for three days now. He had a temper but putting his hands on me was new. To the point where I was

I still had to tell him about the proposition Momma DeGrate gave me. Even though the dreams of Donald are still happening? It alarms me. He's saying me to help him and Momma DeGrate expects me to help him. But the only thing that's hurting me is that I have responsibilities here that I can't just up and leave without making a plan.

She sat down after I felt the raw cool air hit my naked ankles. I put on jeans today even though it has to be at least seventy degrees out here. The bruise I had on my knees from the last encounter with Garfield really stings and I hid them as much as I could.

"You just hardheaded as hell huh?" I eyed her and shook my head. I wasn't going to lose my temper this time. I got it in tact now.

"Jackie I'm not here to fuss about how much I need you to get better, I'm not here to hear how much you don't want me here and all that shit." Her eyes widen and I kept talking.

"I'm here because I have a proposition to go to New York for a few months and if I decide to go, I need to make sure you're good as well as RJ. Im not here to fuss with you. If you don't want to get well? Cool. But when your son asks me that question that pops in my head everytime I think of my Mother. I'm telling him the truth. Cool?" She looks at me taken back. Did I finally get into her soul? Did she finally hear what I was speaking to her?

"You don't have to tell him that. I'm taking my medicine now." I eye her shaking my head.

"That ain't enough Jackie. I need you to do as much as you can. If I leave I'm going to call you and I'm going to talk to you. And you're going to open up to me. Or the next time I come up here? I'm bringing Romeo Jr." She looks at me with evil eyes and I smirk with evilness .

"Alright fine, you leaving your daughter?" I sigh and try recollect my thoughts on the situation. I honestly didn't want to leave her with Garfield but I know he might hurt me but he can't hurt Joelle as much as he wanted to.

"Unfortunately I have to, but I'll be back as soon as I can." I was conversing like I already made my choice. See? Them DeGrates I tell ya' .

She smiles, the first time she ever smiled since she been in here.

"He looks like Romeo doesn't he?" I smirked at the thought of Romeo , he was a sweetheart .

"Yeah, he's so sweet and caring , he loves chicken nuggets. Him & Donald's son Justin are partners & crimes." She looked at me with an eyebrow raised.