CHAPTER 4.9

I could not help it but l had a peculiar feeling in my heart. I faintly remembered the person in front of me and yet l could not think of his name. I rushed to get off the emperor and bowed down slowly. I did not know the person's name but judging from their aura, this person most probably had a mysterious background otherwise how could they just casually enter the emperor's room.

There was an uncomfortable silence before the person said "I've finally found you."

'Why was this person looking for me? ', I wondered. I don't recall ever meeting him in this world and l did not think that any of the other characters in past worlds would be able to follow me at all so it can't be someone l know.

"Why were you looking for me?"

He replied with a somewhat helpless tone: "You were rather are the person of my dreams. How can l not search for you? I wanted to know why it is you were always there? Or is this heaven's mandate that our fates are tied together."

I did not agree with his last comment right there. "We are not tied together in any way. Besides, l don't really belong here -"

Oh. Heavens. Buddha.

This man suddenly looked at me in vigilance: "What do you mean you don't belong here? Don't spout nonsense. I investigated you and you seem to be the prime minister's son. You even live in the capital. How can you not belong here?"

I did not even hear what he said because l was sweating buckets. I had revealed what l was doing in the world. It could have even caused the characters to become self aware. This kind of thing l am sure would have some consequences.

"Hey! Are you even listening to me at all?"

...Listening. What listening?! Who has time to listen when l am currently thinking of my own situation!

The emperor who had been quite that whole time stood up and encircled me in his arms. "Mine."

"That...to be honest emperor, l don't actually belong to you. I am not an object you can just take control of. Wait - why am l even doing this? I have other things to worry about." I had not realised l had spoken out loud.

"What things are you worrying about? Tell Zhen and l will definitely help you!"

"No need."

The man from before then said: "I can help you."

"No need."

None of them can help me and l don't want their help anyways.

You.

She's here. That one word has never made me sweat so much in my entire life. I could feel myself shaking already at hearing her serious tense tone.

What have you done now? Can't you see l'm busy? I even -

Before she could finish, l heard some shuffling and muttering in the background as well as some things being moved around and a frightening scream. 'Lil girl? Are you there?'

Listen.

This tone of voice of hers was different. Scary and cold. What changed? What is happening?

Then I felt my soul being pulled out of my body and the pain was unbearable. I immediately fell on the ground and clutched at the carpet trying to endure what was going on.

Everything was blurry and l could hardly see. I used my hands to faintly feel the ground around me but l felt my hands getting weaker and weaker making it harder for me to move.

Don't move. Stay still and obediently come. 'So l can eat you!'

I obediently closed my eyes and welcomed darkness.
END.
Please don't kill me for the abrupt ending. This was not my finest work at all *sigh* to be honest. The sequel depends on how much interest people have after reading. Also, there's a new book l'll start publishing soon so please support! <3 孟安真