CHAPTER 3:9

I'm currently planning the new arc and l promise it'll be exciting. Here is the new chapter!!!
Jane's P.O.V
I reached my room and opened the door slowly to reveal a neat and tidy room with only clothes and no belongings or pictures of family or friends. I didn't have any feelings about that either. Walking to the centre of the room, l opened a drawer and took out a pair of looser clothes that were temporarily pyjamas since it was extremely hot at night. I put them on half heartedly and some how did it wrong but l didn't care about it so l crawled into my bed, wearing the clothes backwards and with my head in the wrong part. It was very uncomfortable. Just as l put my head on my pillow, l felt a sharp pain in my head and sat right back up with my head in my hands. The pain continued with even more pangs being felt. The darkness in my heart was dispelling and l suddenly felt the urge to find a pill and eat it. Rummaging in my pocket, l felt the smooth hard surface of the pill and grabbed it. I swallowed the pill recoiling at the bitter taste and regretting not looking for water to drink it with. With my heart clear and the pressure of the darkness off my chest, l could finally breathe properly and see the world again. I hated when my real personality came out. It reminded me of my past life. The life l spent in darkness never to see the light and letting the dark embrace me. Changing the subject, my thoughts quickly ran over what just happened. I met the pope, asked for a transfer and he unexpectedly said yes. I'll be moving tomorrow hopefully so l never get to see these people again. I mean l did have one or two acquaintances but they were acquaintances for a reason. Also, they were too untrustworthy for me to keep as friends. After that, l met the dark God and got threatened and blackmailed into leaving with him but he did give a small choice so l'll think about it. The question is whether l would live a stable life in the underworld. I am not sure about that just yet since l'm a light priest and l remember all the horrifying stories that people told the previous Su Luo about the darkness and shadows in the underworld. I wouldn't want to live like that. I'd die of a heart attack first honestly.
I went to sleep with such thoughts in my mind making me restless. In the morning, just as l thought, there were two priests waiting for me at the front of the door to the chapel saying they had come to take me away. Luckily, l had rushed around packing the moment l woke up so l was ready to go. The priests were really chatty and comforting saying "Don't worry about being new. The priests in our chapel are really nice and welcoming. You'll make many friends l'm sure. Besides, as your buddies, we'll stick with you for the first month in the chapel so you'll not be lonely at all!"
"That was really nice of you to say. All my nervousness and agitation has definitely lessened." And this was the truth. I trusted them so my body unconsciously relaxed and l really hoped they were right since l didn't want a repeat of what happened in my previous chapel. We went to the chapel by horse so by the time we got there, it was extremely dark and the lanterns were on. We were quickly escorted into the chapel and l immediately came to the conclusion that it was better than my old one by miles and leaps. One of the priests, l think his name was Oriel, led me to my room and gave me thumbs up in encouragement. Again, thank the lord that l was not sharing with anyone because it would extremely awkward to just enter the room in the middle of the night and explain why you were there. I didn't unpack but just laid my bed and went to sleep since l was tired. But l couldn't sleep for long because of my nerves and woke up at 5 am just five hours after my arrival. I unpacked my things and then observed my hands shaking under the dim morning light.
Waiting for the next two hours to pass by was an agony for me because l really wanted to get the transfer ceremony out and the way, meet and greet some people and then escape to the prayer rooms to be left in peace. There was just one thought lingering in my mind 'I don't want to go.'
Thanks to all the readers, commenters and voters for all your amazing contributions towards my story. Do enjoy the new chapter. Angel xxx