CHAPTER 2:9

Thanks to the readers, voters and commenters for doing just that. I really appreciate all the support given to me by you. Here is the new chapter. I hope you like it. 

Jane(Abby's P.O.V)

It was not until late in the night when Kiera came back but l was half asleep in my bed. The only thing l could hear was the door opening and closing quietly. I thought 'I'll talk to her tomorrow' because who wants to leave the warmth of their bed late at night. I slept soundly without any sense of danger as l was looking forward to the trip and the party tomorrow. When l woke up the next day at 5 am, the usual time, the atmosphere in the orphanage had changed slightly. I did not immediately see Kiera in the kitchen like l normally would every day and l got slightly worried. No, it's not because l opened up my heart to get friends but because this was a break in a habit. This meant that something bad happened last night that diverted her attention and dissuaded her from continuing what she was doing. Nine times out of ten l bet it was because of me. I think that yesterday, Henry told her about myself from the past life which shook her a bit and just in time for my trip too. I don't have to endure any awkward silences and unconcealed glares while I'm trying to work. That would just be disheartening and l may change personalities to scare her a little. Nevertheless, l don't have to do much about that right now because l still have Adam to sort out. Speaking of Adam, l decided to ask him to go with me to the party as my plus one because of the exposure he would get to the ladies. This would accelerate his getting over the unrequited love while over here, Kiera and Henry were getting together. Isn't this hitting two birds with one stone?  And even better l can have fun so why the hell not. But one thing l must make sure of is that l avoid all events that could lead to my death. After having a hasty breakfast, l rushed to the airport and boarded the plane to go to country C.

At the end of that day...

All l was thinking of was 'How did this even happen!'. Let me explain everything. The whole plane ride was relaxing because this big grandma was in business class and so l was not sitting in cramped seats or having to pay for my food since it was all complimentary. There was a lot of space to sleep so all in all l had a great time.  When l landed in country C, there was Adam waiting for me at the arrivals section holding a briefcase full of work and other things. I walked with him, got into the car and started working on my pitch for the rest of the car ride. The car ride was not long. It only took half an hour to get to the hotel that we would be staying in. The party would start five hours after that so l took all the time l could get to finish writing and organising things for my pitch as well as preparing what l would wear to the party. Four hours flew by pretty quickly because l only concentrated on work. I did not even notice that Adam was in the room with me until l looked up and was extremely surprised. I asked "How long have you been there?" and he replied "About the same time as you." I furrowed my eyebrows and said, "I did not even notice that you were here." At that, he chuckled and said: "I'm a very quiet person and you were concentrating really hard so you would not have noticed me even if l started talking." I blushed with shame and asked "When are you going to get ready for the party?" to which he replied, "Right now and l advise that you do too so we could arrive on time." Tsk, l don't even take that much time getting dressed but nevertheless, l stopped my work and went to get changed. After a quick shower, l walked to the wardrobe and pulled out a white strapless dress and white spaghetti heels which l wore. I let my hair down and brushed it. I wore a gold choker and a silver ringlet.  I put on just lipgloss, looked at myself in the mirror and nodded. I walked out of my room and shut the door while waiting for Adam to come out so we could go. 

Adam came just a few minutes after me and l had to admit that he looked good. Just as l was checking him out, he was checking me out too with unreadable eyes so l could not tell what he was thinking. We never said a word to each other while on the way to the party because there was nothing to say. As we were nearing the venue, we could see the red carpet put out with various couples and others walking down it. I wondered who everyone was but l knew I'd have the opportunity to introduce myself and mingle. We got there in one piece and got out of the car. Adam extended his hand which l gladly took and we went down the red carpet. I was feeling very famous in that one moment. After the whole red carpet thing and the welcoming speech, everyone went to start mingling. I picked up a glass of champagne from a waiter and turned to talk to the people on my right. At this point, l never questioned why there was only that one glass on the tray but l just took it. We had many very interesting conversations with some people handing out business cards and promises of visits and sponsorship. It was all going well until l started to feel a bit hot. Because of this, l decided to take a small detour to the ladies room to sort myself out. My breathing was becoming more and more laboured and l tried splashing water on myself to reduce the heat but it did not work. Instead, it increased the intensity of the heat. My cheeks were red no my whole body was red. I was so focused on what l was doing that l did not notice the three men in the room with me. After l controlled my breathing a bit, l moved towards the door to leave but l was quickly stopped by one of the men. I still had my phone with me so l tried calling Adam. The call went through but my phone was slapped out of my hand so l screamed "Come help me, Adam! I'm in the ladies room" and l think he heard but before he could reply, the call was ended by one of the other guys and l was pushed to the wall.

Warning. Interesting scenes up ahead. *wink* I hope you liked the chapter. Angel xxx