chapter tweny five - unedited

Начните с самого начала

With quick, but heavy steps I managed the first twenty minutes, but there was still no improvement in the air.

Baekhyun's head sagged onto mine and I could hear his rapid and labored breathing.

My breathing didn't sound much better, rattling as if I had a horrible cold.

The lamb that I had eaten earlier was threatening to make an appearance as more smoke entered my lungs.

Just a few more meters, Y/n!

Tears gathered in my eyes when I thought of Jisung watching his Noona being weak.

He should be feeling proud, but I gave him nothing to be proud of.

Here I was in the arena, almost dying of Hypothermia and now most likely about to die from suffocation. Oh, and you can't forget me basically signing Baekhyun's death warrant.

If he hadn't waited for me then none of this would have ever happened.

"Hold on Baekhyun-ssi, we're going to make out alive," I whispered, trying to reassure not only him, but also myself.

Baekhyun only started coughing in response and it somewhat relieved me. He was still alive, that much sure.

The smoke was definitely thinning now and I could make out a clearing up ahead.

As we gradually drew closer,  I could feel the exhaustion settling in my limbs.

I stumbled, almost letting Baekhyun topple to the ground.

I could barely make out any smoke anymore, Baekhyun had apparently noticed it too because he slowly raised his head.

Not a good idea.

The moment he did so, I lost balance and the two of us fell towards the ground.

Drowsily getting up, I tried to ease Baekhyun back into his feet.

Instead, Baekhyun started vomiting and coughing again.

I didn't know what to do, Baekhyun needed water.

And he definitely needed more fresh air, I had to reach the clearing.

In other words, I had to drag him to the clearing.

There was no time to be gentle anymore, I grabbed his arm and started pulling him towards the clearing. It was hard to ignore all of his whines and Moans of pain, but I knew that he would thank me later.

The clearing was quite beautiful and there was even a small river!

A river meant water and water was exactly what Baekhyun and I needed at the moment.

Would it be cruel to just chuck him into the river? Yes, Y/n, it would most definitely be cruel.

As soon as I reached the small river, I refrained from simply tossing my Ally into the river, instead slowly easing him into the water.

Baekhyun had gotten burns and blisters on his back, while I remained mostly unharmed.

He had always been closer to the heat and the fire, he also breathed in more smoke.

But I had also down something. I had saved the two of us this time.

"Thank you Y/n..." Baekhyun mumbled sleepily, still soaking in the water. His singed clothing was completely soaked by now, but he didn't seem to care.

The river was not deep, so there was little chance of Baekhyun drowning.

Exhausted and feeling slightly sick, I let myself down next to Baekhyun.

My Ally was already fast asleep and I felt my eyelids drop as well.

With my blurry vision, I could make out a few figures before falling asleep.

Never mind, I was probably hallucinating anyway.

Good Job Y/n, you just proved that you're not completely useless.