chapter eight

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
CHAPTER EIGHT
THE HALLWAY TALK

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆CHAPTER EIGHTTHE HALLWAY TALK

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

KANG Y/N

Jin's warm hand on my own felt soothing, but no less constricting than Jungkook's when he had pressed me against the door. Jin dragged me out of the small, dark room, away from Jungkook. His grip was strong, but he was still making an effort to be gentle as always. Not that it soothed me, because his presence worked to remind of the situation at hand.

Tzuyu... Kai.

Namjoon alone in command.

I had known that we would talk soon, it was necessary, after all. And I no longer wanted to be a coward.

With one quick motion, we were already out of the room and in the dark and somewhat scary hallway. He kept on pulling me, but I wanted him to start talking, because I wanted to say something to him, too, but what exactly that was, I didn't know.

Being around Jin was always somewhat hard, because there was always this odd feeling in the air, one I couldn't exactly place. It made thinking more difficult than it usually was.

Jin looked back at me briefly over his shoulder. "Tzuyu will most likely make it through the night... And if she makes it through the night, she'll probably make it through the week. Once she's through the week, a month won't be so hard..."

He turned back to face the hallway, his grip still pulling me along with him. But this was good news, Jungkook had been wrong.

"And?"

He knew what I was asking, even if I was having difficulty voicing my thoughts.

"Namjoon needed to act fast. Experiment where he could with what little he knows about the poisons in the Capitol, which compared to what we know here, is still a lot. Kai told him to give whatever he came up with to Tzuyu first... It worked to reduce her fever, but by the time he got it to Kai, too... It doesn't look good."