Taehyung's A Smart Cookie

"So..." Bang PD managed to croak out. "This is Jungkook... from the future?"

Namjoon nodded in silent confirmation and Bang PD glanced towards the newer looking iPhone model in Older Jungkook's hands pointed in his direction, the screen displaying the rest of future Bangtan onscreen, and hoarsely asked, "And these are the six of you from the future as well?"

"Yep," Older Taehyung replied, popping the 'p' at the end, tilting his head slightly. "This is really bizarre, huh, PD-nim?"

"That's a very big understatement," Hoseok said, moving his gaze away from the screen and towards the older man who seemed to be processing everything slowly. "You doing okay, sir?"

"I... This is..." Bang PD mumbled and rubbed his forehead. "Give me a second to process, this is just a lot to take in."

"Go ahead, PD-nim. We don't mind waiting." Older Yoongi replied, his tone laced with sympathetic understanding.

"It's just- I have so many questions about all... this." The former admitted, gesturing to everyone in the room.

"Don't worry, PD-nim, you're not the only one," Older Jungkook piped up, letting the company owner be to try and take everything in, his gaze moving around the younger members. "This whole situation has been confusing for all of us and I think I can safely say that we all want at least some answers, right?"

Numerous nods and vocal agreements went around the room and Older Jungkook bobbed his head. "Okay, seems like everyone's on board. Namjoonie hyung?"

"Yes?" Both Namjoons answered, staring at each other in confusion afterwards. Older Jungkook just snickered at them.

"Sorry, I meant my Namjoon hyung. He said he wanted to tell everyone something while we were walking towards the company building, which is kind of why I asked for Jimin hyung's earphones for a few minutes, thank you by the way, hyung." He explains to them, handing back Jimin his borrowed earphones with a smile that Jimin returned easily.

"Alright then," Jin said. "Since your Namjoon-ah apparently has something to say to us, why don't we listen to him first?"

"If you say so, hyung," Older Namjoon stepped up, the other members with him adjusting slightly so he's in the center of the screen instead of the corner. "Before I tell you everything though, I want to explain something to everyone here: as of the moment, most of us are confused as to why 2018 Jungkook suddenly went back to 2013, our debut year, since it doesn't make sense for him to just travel through time without a reason, right?"

Everyone nodded slowly, wondering where he was going with this.

"Well, many of us from 2018 here thought that maybe, just maybe, this wasn't just without reason, you know?" He continued on, staring off into space as he recalled their conversation earlier. "Maybe our Jungkook was sent to your time because he's supposed to do something he couldn't do back in our own 2013."

"So in other words, he's here because he has a goal to achieve, despite not knowing it yet," Namjoon added, slowly realizing what he's saying. "Something that he can do now that he couldn't have done before because it was impossible..."

"What could possibly be something he can do now that he wasn't able to do before? What exactly does that entail, hyung?" Taehyung questioned in curiosity as he looked at Namjoon for an explanation, unknowing that his face displayed a concentrated look as his mind started to buzz with ideas.

To tell the truth, Taehyung already had an inkling on what he thinks is going on at the tip of his tongue (hell, he even has a theory or two starting to build up in his mind) but he didn't want to make a fool of himself in front of everyone if he ended up being wrong, so he wanted Namjoon hyung—whichever one—to explain instead. They looked like they already figured it out by now, so he mentally shrugged and told himself it's better than being embarrassed.