CHAPTER 25

ALPHA EVANS

     "Alpha, your updates?" my beta, kevin asked.

    "Ofcourse,go on."

    "Patrol was booted up as you instructed, rotational shifts and increased numbers.Also, the guards informed me not too long after the meeting that one of the prisoners died." he said.

"What? how?" I question him.

" Suicide. The guards swept him clean but left a small necklace on his neck with a asmall sword medallion. They thought nothing of it, but after checking the body, the pendant in the chain was actually a vile of poison that he took. We're ananlysing the toxins at the moment and searched the others but nobody else had anymore. We interrogated his cell mate, who finally confessed that he was the leader of the attack. They were only instructed by him to follow a scent and attack it upon sight, their reward would be a huge payment. None of them knew each other, all were brought from different places with promise of money after their attack. He was our only lead." he bowed silently knowing the dissapointment that lingered between us.

"I understand, those guards were stil reckless in their search and so deal upon them the necessary punishment. I still find this all too unusual. It is unlike anu rogue attacks." I say while gazing out the windows. 

"I was thinking the exact thing but I don't know why or what could be the ulterior motive to it. We have no white wolves here so why attack us? " he asks  as his forehead creases in deep thought.

"where did they get the scent to follow?You mentioned they were told to follow the scent to the wolf in question. What happened to it? Where did they find a scent to even follow?" I say.

"An article of clothing. Apparently, 4 packs on the east side were momentairily bothered by a few rogues, just passing through. No casualities, or attacks, just invasion of territory but escaped before any pack could catch them. One of the prisoners said thats where they got a female blouse from. I asked them what It smelt like but they said, there was no actual aroma, just a burning sensation they felt in wolf form on their snout when close to it. Thats all I got out of them. " he said.

"Strange , right? What scent has no actual smell but rather a sensation? Investigate further into those 4 packs. Find out if there are any white wolves there, and if any she-wolves have left, track them and find out everything about them. I want an update tomorrow morning." I say as I loosen the tie around my neck. 

"Sure thing, by the way, Everyone was talking about your mate's speech, really impressed. She will make a great Luna. How are things with you both anyways? Has your charm worked?" He said as he teased me lightly.

"very funny.. It's okay for now, we're getting there, I'm in no rush. She has some issues that I kind of sensed before so hopefully things get better for us now. " I slowly say remembering her smile, her eyes, her.

" I see she really has made an impression on you,Mr. hardboiled looks pretty mushy.. Never pictured the Big Bad Alpha Evans such a softie, " he says once more teasing me and letting out an annoying laugh. I threw a vase from my desk at him, luckily he caught it which I knew he would.

"Whatever beta, you're lucky you're my best friend or I would've thrown the table instead." I laugh out. 

"Yet you still aimed a vase at me , you're lucky you're my best friend, or I woul've thrown it back and smushed that lover boy smile." he holds his chest laughing out at." but, don't worry man, she'll come around. It's not always easy, trust me I know, Emily was no cotton ball either." he smiles out.

"I find that hard to believe especially with such a handsome man, she must've had such a hard time." I say with tears slipping out my eyes as I tried to hold my laugh in.

"Exactly. I mean,, she should be thanking the Monn Goddess for such a fine specimen as myself. " he says smiling and gesturing to himself. We both soon enough broke away from the moment, laughing out and clutching our sides. 

"Enough, Kevin, go to your mate, it's getting late, I'll see you tomorrow. You know very well you're the lucky toad that got kissed by the princess. Count yourself very lucky." I say.

"Trust me, I know, I remind myself everyday. Still hard to believe that I got blessed with such a beautiful mate, as Emily. I guess we both should count ourselves as lucky, seeing that you were blessed aswell. I'll see you in the morning. Good night Alpha." He says before shutting the door.

   Kevin, was truly the only person that I could laugh with like that,and be so slightly vulnerable. One thing was for sure, he was right, about everything. He'd always encourage me that I would find my mate and that the wait would be worth it. He was right when he saw her and I and told me that she would be a great Luna, just wait for her time and there she was. I remembered always seeing him and his mate, so lovingly attached and longing for that. He'd always keep me encouraged that I would experience it one day, and I did. I smiled at the thought of my mate, and hurriedly locked up and headed home. Since she came here, that house suddenly felt more like home, less like an architecture's dream and more like comfort and safety. 

OKAYYYY, SOO IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE MY LAST A/N BUT I THOUGHT NOBODY READ IT, I STILL THIK NOBODY DOES THPUGH, LOL BUT ANYWAYSS, SORTA SHORT CHAPTER, HOPE YOU DON'T MIND.. PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT.. THANKS :) 

SEE YA NEXT UPDATE :)