CHAPTER 16

ALPHA EVANS 
** soooooo above is what I imagine the house to look like.To me it's the dream house of all dream houses.. **

         I listened for the sounds of her footsteps trailing away from what is supposed to be 'our room.' I know it might've been too soon to spring on her, but one second she was okay with us being mates and the next, she flipped the switch on me. I've been waiting on this day for what seems like forever, seeing everyone around me find their mate, and how amazing it was for them. I would sit and envy their relationship, but the hope that maybe I could have that, kept me going but now that I had it, why did it feel like I didn't? From the moment, I saw her, she stood out, nothing to do with the mate's bond just generally. She looked stunning that night but out of place. It seemed like she'd rather be wearing something else and be somewhere else. The other male wolves didn't even interest her, neither did the festivities that night . Her unique nature, her almost loner vibe, just peeked my interest in her. I was always worried I'd find a mate who enjoyed social events more, and I'd be forced through them all, but I could see she didn't care for them either. I wanted to know more about her, her likes, fears, dislikes, dreams, hopes, everything, but she didn't seem to eager to even communicate with me.                                               I feared just this, my reputation scaring her away. I'd always thought the right girl wouldn't care but this wasn't her. My wolf sensed fear from her. Was she afraid of me? I had to fix this, I needed her. I already knew sleep was out of question, just knowing I was this close yet so far. This room suddenly felt smaller, clustered almost suffocating that I opened the windows and leapt down , morphing into my wolf as I landed on the cold hard ground. I ran off into the woods behind the house, mind-linking my beta to keep guard over my mate while I left. 

ALYSSA

        I felt something wet gliding across my arm, then something with hair tickling my nose. I jumped up, fearing the worst, when I was met with Ziya. Not too far off though, as she just licked my arm. "Gosh, eww, control your canine blood please." I said annoyed whilst wiping the slobber off my arm. She looked at me seriously, then out of nowhere, she stuck her tongue out like a true dog would. "Wow, real mature, should I have a toy for you play fetch aswell with?" I said , "What is it Ziya? Is this the way we talk now? Dream convos? I could really do with some sleep, especially after my agonizing trip to get to our 'mate' ." She begins to mind-link me , sticking her tongue back in her mouth, "I thought you enjoyed our little talks. Nevermind, we can mind-link when you're awake if you'd like but doing that kind of , pushes your shifting more to the surface which brings some complications for you." " Complications? I don't get it, If i can shift, why can't I?" I ask her. " For any other wolf, it's simple; shift, find mate, mark and reproduce, blah, blah, blah, but for you no way along those lines exactly. As I told you before, you're a guardian wolf, that's why I bear white fur. When you've shifted, your inclination to mate will be much more serious, heat will be like hellfire. Your white fur, reveals your kind and puts you in danger. You haven't yet harnessed any of your abilities and so, you cannot protect yourself. Shifting puts you into overdrive, you'll have to train alot and prepare for your coming. It will be sooner or later but I don't know if you can quite handle that yet. I mean, you already have mate problems, don't wanna throw a whole new dynamic in the mix, now, do we?" she said whilst turning to walk away.

         "Wait, you just literally unloaded everything upon me in a matter of what, 2 days? Ofcourse, I'm overwhelmed. A human would be, much less, me. I find my mate, who is incredibly attractive, so out of my league , but he 'wants' me, but because of my issues I can't see past his reputation. He's been nothing but nice to me besides his wolf's bi polar issues, but I know that's your fault. Now, I find out, my life is about to get even more crazy with this whole, 'i'm special 'thing. Sometimes being introverted, really has its perks. Do you even realise how far off course my life has gone, recently? I'm a mate to one of the most feared Alpha, soon to be Luna, and now, Guardian. Why don't we add in, possible president and maybe even background dancer to Beyonce? I just need a bit to process everything. Let me think about shifting and my mate first. I hate that I was so cold to him but it's hard, the guy did threathen my pack with war if I didn't come with him anyways." I reply to her. She nodds at me and faded into the night. 

865 WORDS!! OKAY, SO MAYBE NOT MUCH, SORRYY :(  I'M IN A DIFFERENT HEADSPACE AT THE MOMENT AND I DON'T WANT TO WRITE WITH A HEAVY MIND.. GOT SOME STUFF GOING ON IN MY PERSONAL LIFE AND WELL, LET'S JUST SAY, SOMETIMES YOU JUST NEED TO RELAX OR ELSE YOU'LL PROBABLY JUST POP.. LOL ANYONE ELSE EVER WISHED THAT MAYBE WEREWOLVES DID EXIST EXACTLY IN THE WAY WE READ ABOUT THEM, VERY TAYLOR LAUTNER-LIKE OR WHATEVER AND THAT MATE THING WAS REAL? SOMETIMES YOU GET TIRED OF FIGURING OUT IF RELATIONSHIPS ARE WORTH STAYING IN AND WISHED THAT  MAYBE NOT ALL GUYS WEREN'T DICKS... PARDON, MY LANGUAGE, LOL... ANYWAYSSS, COMMENT, VOTE AND LEAVE YOUR SUGGESTIONS.. LOVE YA! :)