Chapter 13

Proof Of A Hero
Another Way to Win

"Does losing prove that you are weak? Isn't losing difficult for all of you? A challenge where, after ending up on your hands and knees, you must see if you can stand up again? If you stay on your hands and knees, that proves that you are weak."
~ Takeda Ittetsu ~
~ Haikyuu! ! ~

Key
'The' - Thoughts
"Sports" - Speech
"Festival" - Electronic
"Finale!" - Deities

~ Let's Continue! ~

After a short break from the tournament, it began again with the three commentators, and one of them was finally awake, or at least seemed more awake than before.

"Hey, Eraser, what's the next match?" Present Mic said as the crowd was shaking in their seats from their pure excitement.

"I believe it's Midoriya versus Todoroki first." He replied as the two looked at each other in the stands and walked away, heading in two different directions with the same destination. "It'll be quite the show, they're my best students in terms of potential."

"Well, I know who I got my money on." Joked Nejire as the two competitors neared the tunnels that lead into the stadium.

The two were stopped by Midnight who held her hand out to motion a 'stop'. With the two slightly visible from each of the tunnels, Midnight held her microphone up as she pointed toward Sumiko.

"From the right side, we have Sumiko Todoroki the spine-chilling daughter of Endeavor!" Midnight shouted as Sumiko walked toward the arena with a grimace. "And on the left side, we have Izuku Midoriya the insane powerhouse with voices in his head!"

This time, it was Izuku's turn to walk to the arena, this time with a playful smile from the insult of a title. Once both fighters were in the arena, they glared at each other dramatically before getting into a fighting stance of their own.

"Both fighters ready?" Midnight asked as the two continued to glare at each other. "Fine, ignore me then. It's time to fight!"

As soon as the match started, Sumiko shot a trail of ice toward Izuku who glimpsed at the attack before his fists were encased in a soft yellow glow. Without giving Sumiko a chance to change her attack, Izuku punched the ground as the energy around his right fist dispersed and shattered the ice in the process.

Grinning like a madman, Izuku started to run toward Sumiko with his right hand regaining the soft yellow glow right before Sumiko shot another trail of ice. Though this trail of ice didn't just freeze Izuku in a giant glacier, it shot past Izuku and created a wall that split the arena in half.

Ignoring the perpetual doom that was built behind him, Izuku kept his madman charge and leaped toward Sumiko before slamming both of his hands into the ground in front of Sumiko. "Smash!" Izuku shouted as the ground rippled like water and Sumiko was sent slightly into the air. Taking his chance, Izuku grabbed Sumiko's legs and spun around before letting her fly toward the wall she created. "Smart move, you know that I don't want a quick fight."

Gritting her teeth, Sumiko hit the wall of ice and cracked it as it caved in from her crash, leading the wall of ice to crumble, well all except for the edges of it. Getting back up, Sumiko was slightly hunched over as she tapped her foot on the ground once more, sending a rising trail of ice around both her and Izuku.

Once the trail stopped moving, Sumiko and Izuku were walled off which consequently stopped any means of a ring out for a few moments. "You really planned this match out!" Izuku shouted as he summoned his shield. "Why don't we step this up?" He said as he ran toward Sumiko again.