Chapter 12

Proof Of A Hero
A Different Victory

"You might be able to do it if you try. But if you don't try, you definitely can't."
~ Yuzuriha Inori ~
~ Guilty Crown ~

Key
'Is This' - Thoughts 
"Story" - Speech
"Too" - Electronic
"Fast?" - Deities

~ Midnight-sama! ~

"And the winner is Team Midoriya!" Midnight shouted all of the sudden, surprising everyone even if they just heard it from the commentators.

But as for the teams on the field, their shock ended quickly as team Midoriya started to cheer before going over to their leader. While everyone else complained and made an excuse like any professional or casual gamer would when they lost a game against an overpowered foe.

Along with Team Midoriya's cheering and excitement came the audience's excitement for the match. Despite all of that, Izuku was exhausted. His energy reserves declined dramatically from that couple of minutes when he fused with Athena while his bandaged arms felt like they were on fire and being torn off at the same time.

Ignoring or not noticing his pains, Midnight continued her announcement to everyone in the stadium. "The teams passing on into the final event are Team Midoriya, Team Todoroki, Team Bakugo, and Team Monoma!" She shouted into her microphone, completely unnecessary but the audience seemed to like it. "But we'll be back after this lunch break~!" She ended with a wink as the more upset times hurried out of the stadium.

After a few minutes, only Team Midoriya was left on the field while the audience continued to file out of the stands. But finally, one of them caught onto Izuku's pain and slung one of his bandaged arms around their shoulder.

"Thanks, Yaoyorozu-san," Izuku said before continuing to pant like a tired dog.

"It's fine, Midoriya-san. But what's wrong, you clearly are in pain." She responded, worry evident in her voice.

Lowering his head, Izuku didn't respond to her question immediately, gaining wary looks from the three females with him. "Izu-kun, does it have to do with the USJ incident?" Kira asked as their group left the stadium and were now walking in the festival grounds.

"Yeah," He said in a hushed tone before turning his head toward Momo. "Let's go somewhere a bit more private. We can explore the festival later as we promised."

Once the black-haired girl nodded, they all went back into the stadium and entered one of the private rooms reserved for participants in the festival. Of course, it was empty as everyone was having fun with their break, or trying to at least.

Overall the room was a bit bland but had a wall filled with reinforced windows to see the matches directly while the team of four sat at the table, two of them on each side of it.  

Looking at his three teammates, Izuku sighed before looking at them and trying to keep calm. "My powers have... weakened." He said, not getting a response from the three. "After the USJ incident, I lost a quirk."

"Which one?" Momo interrupted, letting her curiosity get the best of her. "Sorry, you seemed weaker and I don't quite know what quirk helped you with most things."

"It was my Body Supremacy quirk. It allowed me to control my body perfectly without the need to think twice about anything." He said, sadness reflected in his emerald green eyes. "Without it, my speed, strength, endurance, and even my quick-thinking took a heavy hit. But it also left me without proper control of my divine energy output, so in a minute, I could lose all my power and be unconscious for everything else."