Chapter 2

Hero's Beginning
Hero or Villain? I prefer Vigilante

"Power comes in response to a need, not a desire. You have to create that need."
- Goku (Dragon Ball Series) -

Key
'Hey' - Thoughts
"Everyone!" - Normal Speech
"Thanks" - Electronic or Telepathic
*For* - Sound Effects or Actions
"Reading!" - Super Moves, Deities, or Author

~ Let's Go! I can't wait to see the volleys of arrows, clashing of blades, strikes of lightning, and surging of Death! ~

Author-chan: Kudos to whoever knows the voice line.

It's been quite some time since the last chapter took place, 8 months to be precise. During that time, Izuku was told to clean up a beach without his quirk to prepare his body for All-Might's quirk, but when he had some free time, he would help train Mira Takahashi in using her newly found quirk. With that in mind, Izuku was currently sitting on top of the last pile of trash he had cleaned up that day, but as he waited for Yagi Toshinori or Skeleton-Might, he just looked at the sunset that made the ocean glisten, truly a beautiful scene.

'Athena, you're at home right now, correct?' He asked through the mental link he shared.

'Yes, is there something you need?' She replied although Izuku could only hear her voice in his head.

'I have a month before the exam, so I'm thinking of going out for a patrol. Maybe I'll make a name for myself before I get to UA.' He joked a bit but as Athena was also the Goddess of Law & Justice, Courage, and Inspiration, she could only wonder how this would affect her vessel.

'Fine, but come home then we'll set out at night. If anything goes wrong or you get severely injured, I'm going to take you everywhere in my physical form.' She ordered as Izuku could feel sweat running down his forehead at the thought of having to go literally everywhere with Athena.

Fun Fact: Athena in Greek Mythology is a virgin.

Either way, Izuku cut the link as he heard the sound of a truck driving towards the beach before stopping close by. So he stood on top of the pile in his workout gear, just without the top to reveal his muscled body and well-developed 6-pack.

"Oh my... Oh my... Goodness!" All-Might dramatically shouted as he turned into his buff form for a second to make it even more dramatic. But Izuku interrupted it as he jumped down beside his sensei when he puffed back to his skinny form. "Kid, you cleaned the entire beach! And in just eight months! I expected you to finish the portion I told you in just 9 months... " He said while scratching the back of his head in embarrassment at the poor guess.

Although it was true, Izuku was told to clean a little less than half the beach for his training, though he may have destroyed a few piles while training with Mira, All-Might doesn't need to know that. "Thank you, sensei. But I have plans later today so I'll have to go home soon." He said in response as All-Might took on a more serious expression.

"Young Midoriya, this world of quirks has a few secrets kept from the world." Said Yagi/ Skeleton-Might as he looked at the sunset while leaning on the railing. "My power, One For All, is one of them. In the first generation of heroes, there were two brothers; the older one with the power to take away quirks and give them to others while the other brother was thought to be quirkless. The older brother took pity on the other and gave him a stockpile quirk that he stole, but soon enough, the younger brother found out that his brother was taking quirks by force. So he fought his brother but was overpowered by the older one, yet he was spared and sought an apprentice to defeat his brother. Eventually, he learned that his original quirk was to transfer quirks by having someone digest his DNA, which leads to One For All being passed down and getting stronger as it is passed between each generation."