Chapter 8. William's POV

Start from the beginning

"Wh-h-a-a-tt?" Maria asked me with concern and shock. Her voice sounded high-pitched too.

"Yes, Maria. There was clear evidence. His hands were coated with blood and a thick knife was in his hand. It's all clear, Maria. He's no innocent", I said I felt my tears rolling down faster and they felt hot.

"But, it just can't be! James can do no-"

"Yes, Maria, it was him!" I interrupted.

"Trust me, why would James do such thing?" Maria asked. "What was the reason why he did all this?"

"I have no reason, but surely he killed my parents!" I yelled.

"William, listen, James has been your friend for ages and I trust him. I know if I was in that act, I would've known it wasn't him, because of his innocent-looking face", Maria said with a few more tears rolling down her cheeks. There was box of tissues in the room, so she used her hands to wipe off the tears. I did the same too.

"I swear, it was him, and he's too scared to tell me the truth. I know it, Maria", I said trying to make her believe me.

"Let's all about this issue , shall we. I am terribly and utterly shocked to hear that your parents die. It's so hard to believe this though", Maria said emotionally.

"It is hard to believe this. What did they ever do to the world to get all of this?!" I replied.

"They were beautiful from the inside and of the outside. I'm glad my family and I met them", Maria said.

"I'm trying to stay strong. I'm no baby to cry so hard on their death, even though I loved them. If I love for them, and stay strong, then life should be easier", I said, a bit confidently.

"That's utterly true! Just don't let the darkness completely haunt you, or your soul will get paralysed", Maria said intelligently.

"I loved that quote by you! It's true!" I admitted.

"I'm really always wanting to help others, and I want you to feel better. Living in for your loved ones is true love", Maria said. "Are you hungry or anything?"

"Well, I am from sobbing a lot and I'm generally more hungry", I said and I felt my stomach. It was rumbling awfully. I hadn't had breakfast and I though I'd collapse if I didn't eat, but thankfully, I haven't.

"I'll get you some home-made chocolate cake Mother made, with some milk", Maria kindly said. I gave her a huge smile and she smiled back gracefully, as always. I wanted Maria to be my friend now; not James, not after what he had done. Every time I'll see him, I'll just try to ignore him, no matter how much he begs down his knees to say how sorry he is, because he'll be lying.

"Thanks for always being there for me!" I thanked.

"You're welcome, William. I'm always ready to support one another", Maria said softly and dashed out of the lounge room to get the chocolate cake and milk for me. Wow! Chocolate cake is one of my favourites. Haven't had one for a while. It's creamy sensation and brown appearance is always my salience. My mouth begins to water the times when I view a cake, especially a chocolate one.

While I waited for Maria to bring the cake and the milk, I thought about my parents. I promised myself I won't cry so much over their deaths, but you can't completely let you beloved ones get away from your mind. I surely missed them. Well, they'll be in heaven with the angels, and that's what I'm grateful for.

After some moments of waiting, Maria had a pale yellow tray in both of her hands. On it was a creamy, chocolate cake, a jug of plain milk, a clean, white ceramic plate and a large glass. She was walking carefully with it tray to make sure she doesn't drop anything.