Promises. I Hate Them

"Erza, Grey. There's something we need to tell you." I said. I know Levy probably going to get mad but she should trust me, this is for a good reason.

I need to hurry up but......I promised Luce I wouldn't tell anyone. Damn it Natsu many people's lives are at stake and your worried about a promise?! You should know by now promises are meant to be broken!

I took a deep breath. I plan on doing this all at once.

"Erza, Grey! Lucy isn't really who you think she is, she's actually a yellow rose flower that turned into a human because I had wished for her too turn into one when a shooting star passed by my window! The next day after Grey invited me to see a game and I told you I had to do a little more than just getting ready, remember?! I took Luce to Levy's house and Levy found out that Lucy is the missing Heartfilia families daughter! I don't know if it's true but telling you this information will stop everyone that's precious to you from dying!"

I yelled my heart out. I'm not the emotional type of guy but when a promise is broken, I can't help but feel my heart break. That was when other people break their promise, but this time, I was the one breaking a promise. I broke a promise to someone who doesn't even know how to keep a promise themselves.

It was only a matter of time till one of blurted it out. "Natsu..." I herd a soft voice say. I turned and looked st Lucy. "I'm glad you figured it out. I would have told you but you said to never break our promise. I know that even if it was a promise, I should have told you many lives were at stake." She said.

She was still on the floor reading a book and still had the book in her hands, only this time she's looking at me. It's like she's reading me. Almost as if she could read my emotions just like an open book.

She probably knows how much I want to tear my eyes out before liquid starts to fall out of them. She probably knows how painful it is for me to break my promise.

Just like an open book.

I looked at Erza and Grey to see how they are handling the information. They looked shocked and it's as if they don't believe me. Trust me, I know just by saying that, I sound crazy.

"We need proof." Grey said. He waits for the evidence and Erza stands her ground probably waiting for the same thing.

I looked at Lucy waiting to see if there is something she could show them. She looked back at me, then to Levy, then to Erza and Grey. She looked at Levy again and they nodded. They grabbed Erza and Grey by the arms and took them up stairs.

I tried to follow them but Levy said "Sorry Natsu, I made a promise to not tell you anything." Was this a taste of my own medicine or something. Why must my life revolve around something I hate so much.

Promises.

I hate promises.

I only make them because they are needed. I don't make promises unless I have too.

The pain of breaking promises had started a long time ago.....

FLASHBACK CLICHÉ!!!
"Dad, is Mom going to be alright?" I asked my dad, Igneel. At the time I was only 14 when my mom was diagnosed with an unknown sickness.

She would die slowly. Her insides would be eaten alive until there's no more left. This was indeed a very slow and painful death.

My dad looked at me and put his hand on my back. "Of course she is son. I promise she will be alright. Doctors are finding a cure right now." He tried to encourage me and let me know things were going to be alright.

I knew it was wrong to believe in such words, but I did anyway. I wanted to believe my mother would be okay.

It was all in vain.

The medicine.

The many times doctors given her heathy food to make those things slow down the process of eating her.

My mother was pronounced dead on March 9(....Yeah just make up a year).

My heart sank. I had kept the promise Dad made close to my heart, and the fact she lasted a whole year with this pain had given me positive thoughts.

But my dad and I couldn't take the news very well. He knew the promise was broken but couldn't do much to cheer me up. My father was diagnosed with same sickness one year later, I was now 16 years old.

Only this time I knew he was going to die despite the promise he made again. "I'm not going to die like your mother. I'm going to live and watch you become a man and be at your wedding and see my grandchildren grow as I die from old age. I promise."

His words, even if I didn't believe in them, still sank into me. I guess deep down I had still kept this small hope of him living through this.

But he didn't last as long as Mom did. He only lasted a few months before he passed away on July 7.

Two broken promises. Both I had kept deep in my heart and tried to believe in them that one day, they would come true.

After my parents died, Grey's parents offered me to stay at their place. I said no and they helped me with money since then. I had never made a promise since that day. It was only when Lucy came back that I did.
END OF FLASHBACK CLICHÉ!!!

I waited for them. It took a while, maybe about 29 minutes or so. I herd footsteps and saw them all coming down. Levy looked at me and said, "Natsu, until you can afford another mattress, Lucy will be staying at my place. Grey and you will be together and Erza will be with me as well. Remember, it's only temporary. You can have Lucy back only if you buy a mattress."

Then the girls left.

I looked at Grey and he looked back at me. We both smirked. "Rock, Paper, Scissor, Shoe!!" We both Yelled out. I picked rock and he picked paper.

Crap.

"Looks like you're sleep in the couch tonight." Grey said. I chuckled a bit and agreed being too tired to argue.

"Goodnight Grey!" I said before he went upstairs.

"Night." He said back and went into my room.

I wonder if this is going to work out.

What if tomorrow Jallal is gone?

I hope he's still at school... just for Erza's sake.