Chapter 29: Goodbye

Start from the beginning

"Bella, what you're asking of me is a big deal. Do you know what'll happen to me if they find out it was me that helped you escape".

"Chase, we can do this. You know this building like the back of your hand. Please."

Bella continues to plead hopelessly clutching onto my coat jacket pulling me closer. Her ocean blue eyes hold nothing but desperation. The more I stare at her beautiful self the more the thoughts start to swarm. Do I really want to help her escape? Do I want to be the one to set her free from her captor? I would do anything for her happiness. If that means going against the mafia I've been loyal to for many years, then I'll do it. I'll do it for her.

Leaning forward cupping her cheek once again my lips descend onto hers and begin to move with a gentle passion. Bella's lips begin to move along with mine. My tongue gently strokes underneath Bella's tongue and a moan escapes her mouth as our lips move together in sync as if they were sculpted perfectly for each other. Pulling away slowly my eyes open and I gaze into Bella's eyes that were swarming with love, passion and lust.

Pecking her lips one more time, I pull away and grasp her hand in mine.

"I don't know when I'll get the best opportunity to help you escape, but I want you to be ready at all times. Pack a bag with essentials, I'll sneak up some packaged food and water bottles. Hide the bag somewhere it won't be seen and be ready. We won't get many opportunities, so you need to be ready for when one does come up. Also I'll help get Tom out with you. He does not deserve to face the wrath of James".

Tears begin to pour out of Bella's eyes as I give her instructions on her escape. I had an idea in mind, but it was risky.

Abruptly standing up from the bed I instruct Bella to get her stuff ready and wait for me to come and get her. Hurrying downstairs I enter in the long code and open up the arms room. My eyes scan around looking for something that could help me achieve my plan. On the top shelf I see what I was after and pull down several pipe bombs that had been deactivated. Stuffing them into my bag I quickly exit the room before locking it behind me. Rushing into the kitchen I stuff water bottles and cereal bars into my bag before rushing out the back and unlocking one of the cars that weren't being watched.

Driving as quietly as I could along the gravel I drive for a few minutes before I pulled the car to a stop and stepped out. Carefully placing the bombs on the ground I kneel down beside them and activate them setting a 5 minute timer on them.

Tick tick tick

Running back into the car I start the engine and turn the car around before speeding back to the mansion.

Dear God I hope this works.

3 minutes later the car zooms into the back entrance to the mansion and I press frantically on the brakes halting the car to a stop. Leaving the engine running I run in side as fast as my legs can carry me. Sprinting up the stairs to Bella's room, there's still no one in sight. Unlocking the door I rush in startling Bella who was sat patiently on her bed with her bag at the ready.

Running to the window I pull back the curtains and whisper to myself.

3,2,1

BOOM

Alarms Bella began to sound throughout the house. The house had been designed so that if a bullet or explosion sounded nearby the house would activate its defence mechanisms in case of an incoming attack.

I looked back at Bella who had jumped back at the loud sound and looked at me startled with fear tinting her eyes.

"W-What was that?" She trembled out slightly.