"Well," he said after a minute as he led me down the hall to our next class. "I think that you handled it very well. He's being selfish if he gives away a friendship just because he was turned down, and very kindly might I add," I stopped in my tracks, making him stop with me. I frowned and stood on my tip toes to feel his forehead. He mirrored my frown as he looked down at me. "What?"

"Are you feeling alright? You're taking this extremely well," I said dubiously. "Either you're sick or you're an imposter." I poked him in the chest. "Who are you and what have you done with my boyfriend?" He grabbed my hand and shook his head.

"Oh, trust me, I'm pissed," he growled, glaring. "But I'm trying to be nice."

"That's the Bon I know," I said nodding. "You scared me," I joked. He shook his head and led me down the hall once more.

"Come on, we're gonna be late."

{Line Break}

I could hear the clashing of swords and shouts from down the hall. I was on my way to training with Shura, Tatsuma and Yoazo trailing behind me at a respectful distance; they were going to observe as I met with Katsuro and Kitiara. I was nervous, but there was no getting out of it. I was just going to have to deal with it.

Sighing, I pushed open the door to the training center and observed the fight in front of me. Rin was welding Kurikata, blue flames spouting from his body and blade. Shura looked to be having an easy time against Rin; she actually seemed to be toying with him. Rin on the other hand looked to be wearing out pretty quickly. He was panting hard, and I could see him faltering in his step every other time he moved.

Shura caught my eye and she quickly twisted her arm, disarming Rin and ending the fight. The Koma sword went flying out of Rin's hand and skidding across the floor. Rin sighed in frustration, going to retrieve his sword.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Rin," Shura said. Rin looked at her, obviously confused. "I have private training with (Y/N) now," she explained. Rin nodded and slipped his sword into its sheath. He grabbed his things and set off on his way but not before wishing me luck. "Get set up, (Y/N)." I quickly did as I was told and soon had my swords sitting out in front of me, about a foot apart from each other.

I heard Tatsuma and Yaozo settling behind me. Sitting cross legged, I took a deep breath and closed me eyes. "Just do what you always do,     (Y/N)," I heard Shura instruct from somewhere in front of me. "Put everything else aside, and just focus on this task." I nodded and did as I was told.

A harsh tug on my chest quickly erupted, it was stronger than before. Brushing it off, I continued. Soon, I found myself in the now familiar white void, Katsuro and Kitiara standing in front of me. Katsuro had his arms folded in front of him, the usual scowl on his face as he looked down at me. Kitiara smiled and greeted me with a wave, just like she always did.

"Hello, (Y/N)!" Kitiara said happily. She was always happy to see me. Katsuro was less than thrilled, and all I received as a greeting was a grunt. "We have a surprise for you!" Kitiara cheered.

"Really?" I asked, shocked. "Katsuro is allowing something exciting?" I teased. Katsuro growled and rolled his eyes in distaste.

I had become fast friends with the two demons. Katsuro acted as though he hated me, but I knew he just didn't want to admit that he liked me. Kitiara was the kindest being I've ever met. They were the exact opposite of each other, balancing each other out perfectly. They were like Yin and Yang, like light and dark, sun and moon. I loved their attitudes and their constant teasing banter.

"Yeah, a damn surprise. So exciting," the male demon grumbled sarcastically under his breath. "You get to try and summon us today," he said, cutting right to the chase. I stared at them in shock, my mouth hanging open like a fish.

"Really? You think I'm ready for that? I thought no one was ever able to do it before; not even my grandfather." Kitiara approached me, circling me and placing her hands on my shoulders.

"You're ready. You're different than the others."

"As much as I hate to admit it, I think you're ready," Katsuro said, and I didn't miss the hint of pride in his voice. "Just as a fair warning, I'll be harder to summon than Kitiara," he disclosed and I nodded.

"How do I do that?" I asked, already skeptical despite the male demon's words.

"Close your eyes," Kitiara instructed softly from her position behind me. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "I want you to focus on drawing us toward you, drawing us close. I was you to visualize us next to you." I said as instructed and soon felt a rough tug in my chest and stomach. I gasped at the feeling but kept my eyes closed. "Good, (Y/N), that feeling is normal. Keep going."

I continued to concentrate on the vision inside my head, both Katsuro and Kitiara being pulled toward me. The pulling feeling in my chest only continued to grow, and it was being to become very uncomfortable. "What's-" I gasped, unable to get anything else out. The two demons either didn't respond or I couldn't hear them, most likely the latter.

The next thing I knew, my eyes were flying open, and my eyes caught sight of the training room ceiling above me. I gasped, my chest heaving for air. My chest was tight, not allowing for a single full breath. I heard someone talking but it was muted. Suddenly, there were hands on my shoulders, and I was being sat up, a hand rubbing circles in between my shoulder blades. My stomach lurched with the sudden movement and I felt bile burning my esophagus. I tried to swallow against it, but I was not coherent enough to do so. My lunch made a reappearance on the floor beside me as I gagged raggedly.

After what felt like an eternity, my stomach stopped trying to wring itself out, and I was left gasping for air. With my eyes closed, I took note of an arm around my stomach holding me upright and a hand still rubbing my back. "What-" I gasped out. "What the hell was that?" I asked, falling limp in the secure arm around my torso. My body was shaking, and my teeth were chattering slightly.

"You tried to summon them, didn't you, (Y/N)?" I heard a female voice ask; Shura. I nodded. "There was a boy, dark skin and blue eyes," she said. "Katsuro right?" I nodded, letting my head lay against my chest.

"Yes, it was him," I confirmed.

"Well, we saw him, (Y/N). You did one hell of a job," she said, patting my back slightly. "Just a blurry image for a few seconds, but he was definitely there all right." I nodded, too exhausted to use my words. "Come on, (Y/N). Let's get you back to the dorms so you can rest."