Chapter 10

"Look...she's waking up."

My eyes fluttered open. Where am I? I was lying on a cream sofa. Who's house is this? My head was pounding after hitting it back at my house. I thought of my dad, probably at the police station, trying to break through the cell bars. I started to feel guilty, even though he tried to kill me. That was always my problem. I always felt guilty when it was me who was being hurt. I looked to see Mark and Glen sat on the floor next to me, smiling. They helped me sit up and positioned the cushions behind me to make me more comfortable.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"You're at your new house!" Exclaimed Glen. "You like it?" I looked around the sitting room. I nodded and tried to smile enthusiastically. Danny walked in holding a box of painkillers and a glass of water. He sat next to me and handed me the items.

"How are you feeling babe?" He asked

"Hmm, could be better," I replied, swallowing a tablet. "Still tired though."

Mark laughed. "We have to give you the house tour before you go to sleep again!" He said, obviously excited. Danny laughed and winked at me. Mark took my hand and showed me the rooms in the house. I was glad they have'nt brought the subject from what happened with my dad up, but I'm sure it will be brought up soon enough.

"And this," Glen said dramatically. "Is the best room in the house." He opened a door to a room filled with musical instruments. There was a drum kit sat by the door with a keyboard placed next to it. Speakers and guitars littered the floor along with song books and music sheets. A large, black glossy piano stood proudly in the corner at the back. I stared at it, remembering how my sister used to love playing the piano. I blinked away the thoughts and glanced at the guys.

"Who plays the piano?" I asked

"Ahh, that would be me," Danny replied. "I'll have to play you something one day," he smirked, winking at me again. I felt myself blush and looked at the floor to hide it which caused Danny to laugh quietly.

"I don't know about anyone else, but I could use a bed," Mark yawned.

"Yeah me to," Glen agreed. "See ye in the morning." I watched them as they walked out, leaving me alone with Danny.

"So," he said, turning to me. "We don't have a spare bed at the moment, but you can sleep in my room until we do. I'll sleep on the sofa."

"Oh, n-no it's fine. It's your house, i'll sleep on the sofa." These people were helping me, why should they be sleeping on the sofa?

"Nope. I'm not going to let you!" Danny replied, laughing. He took my hand and lead me upstairs to his room. "Here you go," he said, handing me my bag.

"This isn't fair though, I should be the one sleeping on the sofa," I said, trying to change his mind.

"Shhh," he smiled. "G'night!"

I sighed. "Night." And then he was gone. I looked around his room. There was a double bed with a dark blue bedspread, desk covered in Cd's and bits of paper, and a slightly opened wardrobe filled with denim jackets and black tops. I got dressed into my pyjamas and got into the bed. I've always found it strange sleeping in another persons bed. I layed down and looked at the time. 23:48 my phone read. I sighed and put my head down, unconsciously breathing in the scent of Danny's pillows. My eyes started to close and after a few moments, I fell into a deep sleep.