Chapter 5

We entered the hospitals reception and talked to the lady at the front desk.

"Hi, how may I help?" she asked too enthusiastically with a obvious fake smile.

"My friend here has a bad cut on her stomach." Mark told her.

"Okay, can I take your name please?"

A lump in my throat started to rise at the thought of speaking to a stranger.

"F..Faye", I told her. By the look on her face it was clear that she didn't hear me.

"Could you speak up please," The woman said, her smile still fake looking.

Tears formed in my eyes. No not here. Not in front of everyone. 

"Faye," I repeated, but it came out croaky and quieter than last time. The lady looked confused at first but then sympathetic. She turned to Mark.

"Does she have a problem or a disorder? Because if she does, we can find a doctor that might be more suited for her to make her feel more comfortable."

The words felt like someone had punched me straight in the stomach with a pile of bricks. Sure this wasn't the first time someone had said to me. I'm 17 and people still treat me like i'm 10. My eyes fell to the floor tears started to trickle down my face. I could'nt hold them in.

"Her names Faye", Danny said, covering for me.

"Okay, take a seat and a doctor will be out soon." We walked over to the waiting area and sat down quietly. 

"Are you ok?" I looked up to see Glen looking down at me, biting his lip. I nodded and continued to stare at the ground.

After about 15 minutes my name was called.

"I'll come in with you", Danny said standing up. We followed the doctor into one of the rooms and sat on the white hospital bed.

"So, how did this happen?" The doctor asked as she lifted my jumper to reveal the deep cut.

"Um, I fell of my bike." Wow i'm lying alot today. Danny looked slightly taken back that I had'nt told her the real reason. He was about to say something when I shook my head at him. He paused for a second before closing his mouth again and looking down at his hands.

"Okay, I just need you to lie down on the bed and i'll stitch up the cut for you." I followed her orders and after about 20 minutes she was done. She picked up a clipboard and started to make a few notes "I just need to confirm a few things. Your age?"

"17."

She turned to Danny. "Your name?"

"Danny"

"Age?"

"20."

"Your relationship with Faye?"

"Just a friend." He looked over at me and winked. Why did he wink? I ignored him and stared at the wall.

"One last thing Faye, I'm just going to give you a small injection to help ease the pain for a few hours. It will go into your shoulder."

"Okay that's-" I stopped mid sentence. Shoulder? Shit! Shes going to see the bruises. "Um, does it have to go into the shoulder?" 

"Yes, why?" The nurse asked, confused.

"Nothing," I replied. She walked back over with a needle in her hand. I looked directly at the floor and she uncovered my shoulders. 

"Faye?" Her stern voice scared me, and I started to shake with fear. What am I going to say? What if I tell them? What will they do to him? Where will I go?  "How did you get the bruises?"