Chapter 20

A/N - Hellooo! Sorry it's taken me ages to update, been busy with school and stuff -.-

This chapter is pretty short so I apologize in advance

~Charlotte xx
----------

DANNY'S POV

I woke up and felt something warm on my chest. I slowly opened my eyes and looked down to see Faye fast asleep on top of me. I smiled and moved a strand of hair away from her face. God she's beautiful I thought. I moved my head to the side, carefully so that I wouldn't disturb her, to check the time. 9:18am. The guys would probably be up already. I gently rolled Faye off me and got out of bed, pulling the covers over her so that only the top of her head could be seen.

I pulled on a shirt and ran my fingers through my hair to try and make it look a less of a mess. By the time I turned back around, Faye was awake, her big blue eyes staring over at me.

"What are you looking at, gorgeous?" I smiled.

"You," she replied sleepily. She sat up and rubbed her eyes. "What's the time?" she asked, yawning.

"Twenty past nine," I replied. "Wanna go downstairs and get something to eat?"

"Sure," she said, getting out of the bed. I took her hand and kissed her on the cheek before walking towards the door. "Wait," she said, stopping in her tracks. "I just need to get changed first."

She was wearing a pair of my boxers as pyjama shorts and one of my shirts.

"You'll be fine," I chuckle.

We walked downstairs and into the kitchen to where, as I expected, Mark and Glen were.

"Hey," we said as we walked in.

"Morning," Mark replied.

I grabbed a piece of toast from the table and started to spread butter onto it.

"So, what did you guys do last night?" Mark asked, flicking through a newspaper.

"Uhhm...nothing. Why?" I replied.

"Well, whatever nothing is, it woke me up."

I froze and quickly glanced over at Faye who almost dropped her toast.

Well this was awkward.

"Umm, I think my phone is ringing," Faye said before quickly walking out of the room, her cheeks bright red.

-----------

FAYE'S POV

"Hey," Danny said, poking my arm to get my attention.

"Yeah?" I asked, looking up from my book.

"Do you want to do something?"

"Like what?"

He shrugged. "Maybe a walk?"

"Ok," I smiled, putting my book down and standing up.

--------

We walked for a while, whilst holding hands. The clouds above us started to turn grey, as if it could start raining at any moment.

"Hope you don't mind me asking," Danny started. "But, the car crash...how did it happen?"

"Umm well, I don't remember much," I lied, not wanting to remember all the small details. "We were driving to the airport because we were going on holiday for a few days. It was raining heavily so it was hard to see out of the window ahead. Me and my sister were arguing in the back and my Dad was trying to stop us. He wasn't paying attention to the road so he never saw the car coming towards us. It hit on the left side of the car which is the side my Mum and sister were on."

I didn't realize I was crying until Danny wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed the top of my head, whilst wiping away a few tears.

"I'm sorry I brought it up," he said.

"No, it's fine," I said, wiping my eyes with the back of my hand. "It's just that I feel guilty about it, like it was my fault."

"Why would you think that?" Danny asked.

"Because, it was me who started the argument over something stupid. If I didn't, my Dad would have paid attention to the road and we would have never of crashed."

"I'm sure it wasn't your fault," he said, squeezing my hand.

I nodded and looked up at the sky, just as it started to rain.

"Come on. Lets go home before we get drenched," Danny said, giving me a small smile.