𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞. (𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐥 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐬)

(( rest in peace patrick swayze. never forget, legend. ♥ ))

"Ashley, when's the guy fixing the roof gonna get here?" asked my mother. We were eating lunch together, and we were waiting for the person from the roofing company to fix the hole in our roof. The hole was caused by a recent rainstorm.

"I'm sure he's gonna be here soon." I said. Right when I finished my sentence, we heard a knock on the door. 

"Guess he's here, mom." I said, walking to answer the door.  I opened the door and laid my eyes on a tall and muscular handsome stranger.

"Um, hi... are you here to fix my r-roof?" I asked, blushing and looking down.

"Yes. Who should I talk to to see what I have to do?" he asked.

"Oh, my mom knows. Come in, she's in the kitchen." I said, leading him to my mother.

"My name's Darrel. You can call me Darry though." he said.

"I'm Ashley. Mom! He's here." I said. We walked in the kitchen, and my mom was still eating her lunch.

"Ah, so you're here to fix our roof, huh?" my mom said. I gave her a look, basically saying 'be nice.' She smirked and turned back to Darry.

"You saw the hole in our roof, right?" she asked. Darry thought for a second, then nodded.

"That's what you can fix, honey. Ashley, dear, get the ladder and help this cutie get on the roof." my mom said. I blushed, and led him to the garage to get the ladder.

"Hey, I got it." said Darry, grabbing the ladder. I blushed and let him take the ladder. I waved awkwardly at him as he climbed it and started to work. He smiled at me, and I ran inside, blushing and smiling.

"You like that kid, don't cha?" my mom asked, catching me off guard. She had a smirk on her face, her arms folded around her chest.

"Oh, I don't know," I trailed off, covering my face and blushing.

"Shut up, you know you do. Here, give him a water." my mom said, tossing me a water bottle. I shrugged and walked outside. Darry was working on the roof. He looked about halfway done.

"Hey, you look like you need a water!" I shouted up at him, holding up the water bottle. He looked down at me.

"Thanks. You can just throw it up here," he said, smiling. Gosh, he has a good smile. I threw the water bottle up, giggling a bit. He caught it perfectly.

"Wow, nice catch." I said, impressed. He smiled again, and I smiled back, walking back into the house. I sighed, knowing my mother was right. I did like Darry.

(( two hours later ))

I heard Darry climb down the ladder. I quickly opened the door, and there he was.

"Finished?" I asked. 

"Yeah." he said. I quickly handed him the twenty dollars as his fee.

"Thank you. Hey, what smells so good?" Darry asked.

"Oh, my mom's making roast chicken. Um, would you like to stay for dinner?" I asked, looking down.

"WOULD YOU LIKE TO STAY FOREVER?" I heard my mom shout from the kitchen. I face palmed, shaking my head in a combination of amusement and bemusement. 

"Dinner would be great." Darry said, laughing a bit.

(( IF YOU GET THE REFERENCE FROM THOSE LAST FEW LINES OF DIALOGUE THAN YOU'RE AWESOME ))

(( actually you're all awesome ))

(( spoiler alert it's from mulan hAhA ))