𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫... 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞. (𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐧)

It was a breezy night. Shivering a bit, I was coming along with my best friend to a party at Buck Merril's place. It was not a good idea to wear a short sleeved blouse and a skirt up to my knees in this weather. I saw a large house, and wondered if it was where we were going.

 "Come on, Shannon, we're here!" my friend Ava exclaimed. She grabbed my arm and dragged me to the house. We went up the stairs and to the front door. She knocked, and in no less than two seconds, we were greeted by one of the most handsome boys I've laid my eyes on.

 "You here for the party?" he asks. Ava and I nod. 

"Okay, then come in," he said matter of factly. Good god, he was a tuff looking guy. I have a weakness for those types. Ava ran in excitedly while I slowly walked in, still shivering. I locked eyes with the guy, in the midst of getting lost in them.

 "I'm Dallas," he said. I broke out of my trance and blushed a bit, realizing that I was oblivious to what he was saying.

 "Shannon," I replied, the blush on my face growing. Luckily, he didn't notice I was blushing, as he walked over the bar, deserting me. I was unsure if I had to follow him, or Ava for that matter. I couldn't find her anywhere. She was probably off galavanting with a number of guys here. Anxiously, I grabbed a couple of Cokes in a cooler and walked over to the nearest couch. Twiddling my hair, I awkwardly sipped my Coke as a couple made out next to me. 

Having enough, I get up off of the couch and walk to the back door and step outside. Thankfully there were no people out here with me. It was colder now than it was when I walked here. Freezing, I drank my Coke and stared up at the night sky, getting lost in my thoughts. 

 "Nice night." I jumped, and looked up to see Dallas, smoking a cigarette. The blush creeping back on my face, I nodded. I looked away, trying to hide my embarrassment from him. I shivered. Next thing I knew, Dallas took his leather jacket off, showing off his biceps, and held it out to me. I took it, and put it on.

 "Thank you, but aren't you cold too?" I asked, feeling a bit guilty taking the jacket. It was warm, and smelled like him. 

 "No, I'll be okay, I got my cancer stick to warm me up," he replied. I giggled. 

 "Cancer stick, that's hilarious," I said through my laughter. He smiled a bit, while putting his arm around me. I leaned into his chest and sipped my Coke. He grabbed the other Coke I had and drank it while extinguishing his cigarette.

Next thing I knew he was kissing me. I dropped my Coke, stunned. Of course I kissed back, I would have been crazy not to. He lifts me off the ground and I wrap my legs around his waist, running my fingers in his greased hair. We break the kiss for a while as he carries me bridal style to his car. Next thing I knew we were making love in the backseat.

Afterwards, he dresses and goes to the drivers seat of the car. I was breathless.

"Where do you live?" he asks, while lighting another cigarette. 

"Why?" I ask, while putting on my clothes and handing him his leather jacket.

"You seem tired, so I'm gonna take you back to your house." he replies. I tell him, and he starts to drive. Unknown to his reckless driving, my body jerks forward and hits the front seat. 

"Sorry." he says, while smirking a bit.

"You drive like an animal!" I exclaim, giggling and holding on to the front seat. He laughs a bit, while taking a sharp turn onto my block. 

He pulls up in front of my house. I stumble out of the car and walk over to his window. 

"Thanks for everything," I say. He pecks me on the lips and I walk to my house, blushing.

The next day, I walk to work at the Dingo. Still flustered about last night with Dallas, I was in a trance for the first couple of hours of my shift. Until I see him. 

Dallas walked into the diner with a couple of his friends, all three smoking cigarettes. I almost drop the tray of food I'm carrying, blushing intensely. I drop off the food at the table I was standing by and rush to the kitchen.

"Shannon, what are you doing? There are customers waiting to be served there!" my boss yells, pointing to Dallas and his friends. I nod quickly, and rush over to their table.

"Dallas, hi," I say to him. He looks up at me, confused.

"Sorry, who are you?" he replies. I stand there, stunned. He doesn't remember? Tears well up in my eyes as I drop my pad and pen, and run to the bathroom. 

"How doesn't he remember me? He took my god damn virginity last night..." I mutter. I silently cry, trying not to attract attention to me. I only knew him for a night, and already he broke my heart.

to be continued...