𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬? (𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐲𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐬; 𝐑𝐄𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐃)

this was requested by  . hope you enjoy it! :) 

also holy jdnsjandsjkdsa c. thomas howell is so CUTE in that pic omg. okay on with the imagine!!

-------

ponyboy pov

I walked into geometry class with my best friend, Y/N. I've known her for practically my whole life. It's awesome being her friend, but little did she know that I wanted to be much more.

We sat down at our desks, and the teacher began her lesson. I was paying attention at first, but then I started to think about Y/N. How her E/C eyes sparkled whenever she was happy. How her laugh and smile could light up an entire room. How just being with her could change my crappy day to one of the best days of my life. 

I thought back to when we were both six years old, and how we first met while we were trick or treating.

FLASHBACK

"What in name are you dressed as, Ponyboy?" my father asked.

"I'm dressed like the guys next door!" I said. I was wearing my dad's leather jacket, blue jeans and my hair was all greased up. The leather jacket was really big on me, but oh well.

"Alright then. Darrel, Soda! You ready?" my father exclaimed. Darry and Sodapop were already outside in costume, ready for trick or treating.

After we went to a few houses, I noticed a very pretty girl in a princess costume at the next house. I went up to her and tapped her on the shoulder.

"I like your costume!" I said. The girl blushed, and pointed at the leather jacket I was wearing.

"Thank you. What are you dressed as?" she asked.

"I'm a greaser, like the boys who live next door to me!" I exclaimed.

"I like it, it makes you look tuff, or whatever they say. I'm Y/N." she said.

"I'm Ponyboy." I said back. Little did I know that she would be my new best friend.

END FLASHBACK

Y/N always loves to bring that memory up every Halloween. She'd always joke about how my dad's jacket was too big on me, and that I looked cute. I'd always tell her that she looked adorable in her princess costume. She'd shrug it off and giggle about it. 

She was insecure, and would always put herself down. I would always tell her that she was amazing the way she was, which was true. Y/N L/N was the definition of perfection. I gazed in her direction, reminiscing on our first fight.

ANOTHER FLASHBACK

"Damn it, Pony, he's just a friend! What are you so worried about? It's not like you're my boyfriend!" Y/N shouted.

"Oh, really? Then why was he practically getting into your pants the whole time? Also I may not be your boyfriend, but I'm your best friend, for fucks sake. I don't want you to get hurt." I exclaimed back. She rolled her eyes and slammed her textbook down on the table.

"So basically I'm not allowed to talk to any boy but you? I can handle myself, Pony. Gosh, I'm allowed to have other friends, you know?" Y/N screamed. I could tell that she was about to start crying. She ran up the stairs, trying to silence her sobs.

How could I be so stupid? I covered my face in my hands, mentally beating myself up. I couldn't help feeling jealous, I liked Y/N a lot, and didn't want her getting her heart broken by some douche. 

After I calmed down a bit, I walked upstairs and entered mine and Sodapop's room. Y/N was under the mountain of blankets on the bed. I sat down on the bed and lifted the blankets to see her.

"Go away." she said, covering herself back up.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay? I just don't want you to get heartbroken." I said. Y/N uncovered herself just a bit.

"Pony, I'm not interested in him, okay? We're just doing a project together, and he wanted to know what he needed to do for it, okay? I want you to trust me." she said. 

"Okay. Of course I'll trust you, Y/N. Forgive me?" I asked, moving the blankets off of her and sitting her up.

"Fine." she said, smiling. She playfully pushed me and laughed a bit.

"No one will replace you as my best friend, got that Horseboy?" Y/N said.

"Got it." I said.

END FLASHBACK

"Ponyboy?" Y/N said, breaking me out of my trance. 

"What are you staring at?" she said, smirking a little.

"Nothing." I said. Some day she'll know, some day she'll be my girlfriend.

(( hope you liked this, sorry if it sux lol. happy halloween! also if you don't know, requests for imagines are open! you can comment, or PM me if you have a request. ))

(( things to include are: the greaser you want the imagine to be about; name of oc or if it's x reader; physical characteristic if it's an oc; personality; if they're related to any of the other greasers; and a plot! ))

(( okay i'm boring you, sorry lmao. bye!! ))