XXI

Arie grabbed a ladder out of the storage and Laos helped her lift it into the living room. "Thanks Laos." Arie wiped her forehead catching her breath. Laos shrugged and kept eating his sandwich with one hand as if he had just moved a lamp or a coffee table.

"You don't even need to eat!" Arie argued before getting up on the ladder and hanging the Halloween garland when Amaimon floated up to her. "Whatcha you doing?" He floated effortlessly next to her.

"Help me hang this garland and I'll tell you." I teased and he let me get on his back and hang the garland. "I'm so thirsty." He said bored just floating there. "I could just slam you up against the wall and suck you dry.

I haven't had fresh blood in almost three days." He complained his eyes starting to glow.

"Focus Amaimon." She taped one last piece and he placed her on the ladder next to the wall and turned around to face her with his fangs retracted.

"Amaimon no, I'm busy." Arie whined to him pushing away his face. "I wasn't asking." He pulled her closer and growled. "Arie! I thought you weren't going to date this pile of twigs." Gabriel rubbed his forehead in frustration.

"I'm not." She folded her arms. They got back to work and finished just in time for the party. "Thank you Gabriel this looks amazing." Arie hugged him. "I know," He said hugging her back and petting her head.

Arie went upstairs to get changed when she heard a knock on her door she jumped and turned around to see Amaimon blushing red as a cherry with eyes white as snow from shock.

"Um.. your guest have arrived and are looking for you." He put his head down and looked over at the wall. "Okay. Get out." Arie grabbed a blanket to cover herself.

Amaimon walked up closer to her and lifted her chin baring his fangs. "I know you just want me for my blood right now. Are you sure you don't remember anything?" Arie held onto his arm and gazed up into his lost eyes bright red eyes.

"Nothing." Amaimon shook his head and she sighed and walked passed him. "Just.. just get out." Arie turned towards the wall so he wouldn't see her cry.

Arie finished crying and touched up her makeup and put on a bright smile and headed downstairs. "Arie! You're the best." Josh hugged her tightly and kissed her cheek. Arie's mouth dropped open as they had never been this close. "This place is awesome I cant believe you live here." Marie looked around. "Blood! Blood everywhere!" Cassius ran around like he was on something and they all laughed.

Amaimon stepped down the stairs floating a little on the last one before standing next to Arie. "Woah!" Marie stepped back. "Ha. Ha string trick gotcha." Arie laughed while stepping on Amaimon's foot. "Stay on the ground." She whispered to him.

"Who's this?" Josh asked interrupting their whispering. "Yeah babe tell him who I am." Amaiamon wrapped his arm around her and Arie removed it.

"My very good friend and jokester Amaimon." I patted his shoulder and he pulled me closer by my waist.

"Can we dance?" Josh asked and Amaimon let me go. "I don't like him. Stay away from him Arie I'm serious something just isn't right." He whispered before I went off with Josh.

"You're just jealous Amaimon." I shook my head.

"You're really close with him huh?" Josh joker and Arie changed the subject. "How come you never told me you liked me at Nackerville?" Arie giggled.

"You weren't dead then and no offense but nobody knew who you were." Josh said and Arie felt a little offended. "Are you coming back to Nackerville?" He asked his hands a little lower on her back. "I can't." Arie lowered her head. "Why not?" Josh asked. "I go to an Academy now. It's way better academically and their parents would never let me go to a public school on purpose." Arie explained.

"Stupid rich people." He grouched. "Hey. Those are my friends you're talking about." Arie pushed him jokingly but she was really offended. "You mean the weirdos running around screaming blood!" Josh laughed.

Arie didn't smile at all. "Can we talk about something else?" Arie changed the subject. "That sucks you're not going back to Nackerville. Maybe we could just make the most of the night." Josh pulled her closer and lowered his hands

"No thank you Josh." Arie said and he loosened up rolling his eyes. They then just started dancing then it turned into grinding and Amaimon got furious.

"Come on Arie." He whispered in her ear and she giggled and Amaimon walked up with two glasses on punch. "Punch?" He asked as gave one to Arie. "Punch?" He asked Josh accidentally dropping it on his shirt. Do I look like I want some fucking punch?" Josh wiped the spilled punch off his shirt.

"How about you fuck off and leave me with my girl." He looked over at Arie.

"Maybe you'll like this kind then." Amaimon punched him using his vampire strength not his mortal strength and knocked him out. "Yeah! Fight!" Some random drunk teens cheered on Amaimon who stood there out of breath staring at his body.

The party started cheering and everyone got hyped and starting rioting and fighting. "Everybody out!" Gabriel shouted and the started to flood out.

"Lame party Arie." Marie scoffed and flipped her hair behind her shoulder. "Come on Nicky." She pulled him away before he got to apologize.

"This is all you're fault. The only personhood ever think about it's yourself! I wish you crawl in a hole and die!" Arie ran upstairs.

Laos helped Amaimon sent Josh home.