XII

Arie was sitting on her bed in her night gown doing her homework. "Homework?" Amaimon asked and she pushed his face out the way. "I'm gonna be homeschooled now." She looked over at him as he slowly floated down.

"Oh." Amaimon sighed. "One day vampires and humans will live together." He kissed her cheek.

"If you believe so." She concentrated. "Children! Meeting time!" Mila screeched from downstairs.

They all came down the stairs and Mila, Luther and Mr. Bradford were sitting in the living room.

They all sat down, Cassius on the back of the couch Laos standing on one side and Savonn on the other. Cael sat on the floor in front and Amaimon stood behind it with his arms folded and Arie and Gabriel sat on the couch.

"Sadly we've been invited to the city of Dionysus." Mila sighed and said with her hand in Mr. Bradford's.

"All of you are to attend. Even you Arie though you're not a vampire...fully. You are to be on your best behavior and dress accordingly, we'll be leaving tomorrow at dawn. Your father is being awarded to enter the elite." Mila clapped and they all clapped before teleporting and walking off.

Arie went back up to her room and finished her homework. When she woke up everyone was already gone to school. She went downstairs to fix some breakfast when she saw Mila sitting downstairs drinking blood mixed coffee.

"You do know Dionysus is where the vampire council is. So they mustn't find out who you are. I wish I could just leave you here but who's gonna protect you?" Mila hugged her the strong smell of blood on her tongue made Arie uncomfortable.

Arie nodded, "I understand."

After school everyone was on edge about going to Dionysus especially Amaimon.

"Where is this place?" Arie asked as they all sat in living room dressed formally. "In the garden." Savonn answered and rolled his eyes.

Mila, Luther and Ulysses walked downstairs. Mila cleared her throat, "Come on we're already running late." She rushed down the stairs.

They all squeezed into the limousine Amaimon hasn't said a word since they got back from the Academy he just stared out the window with light eyes almost pink opposed to their normal scarlet color.

Arie moved closer and placed her hand on top of his snapping him out of his daze. He glanced down at their hands and grabbed hers before letting it go and looking out the window again.

They arrived at the city garden and entered the 'private gala' a mini party for Ulysses.

Most of the boys headed over to the buffet Cassius was side tracked by a girl and Cael watched as he failed horribly.

Arie stuffed another mini cupcake in her mouth before seeing Amaimon over by the pool with some girl rubbing all over him. She had long blond hair and a ruffled black skirt.

Arie walked up slowly listening in, "remember how we used to be–

Amaimon slowly moved away from the girl, "Nothing. We used to be nothing." He told her and walked off.

Arie decided not to bother him and hung out with Cassius dancing when she realized Amaimon was in the same spot as before.

She left Cassius and went to go check on Amaimon. Arie walked up to him and he glanced over at her. "Are you okay?" Arie asked. "I'm fine." He replied. "It's just. It's just. . .what if I cant save you? What if you end up just like my mother?" His eyes were pink in sadness she had never seen them like this.

"I'd never forgive myself blossom." He started to walk off and Arie grabbed his arm and held on, "Stop it Amaimon. It's not your job to save me, and who says I'll need saving?" Arie folder her arms.

"You stubborn, clueless little thing." He shook his head when Cassius ran up to them out of breath. "Portal, fountain, tunnel. Now!" He put his hands on his knees and panted.

Arie tediously followed them till the stopped at a fountain with crystal clear water. "It's so pretty." Arie awed.

"Did you bring the book Ulysses?" Mila whispered and he pulled a small ancient looking book out of his coat.

They all bowed their heads and held hands as Mila read from the book and the water continued to trickle.

"Arie–" Mila spoke sweetly cut off by Amaimon's brash voice.

"No. I'll do it." He volunteered. "Can't bear to see your toy split open right before you can you?" Savonn devilishly smirked.

Arie stayed quiet confused by what they meant. Ulysses handed him a polished silver knife and Arie's heart dropped to her stomach.

Arie's eyes widened as he held it in his hand her heart beat sped up and a tear trickled from her cheek as she knew they could hear it and it was killing them to resist.

He turned to her and he pulled her into a hug and shushed her pointing the knife into her back. "Sekki!" He chanted and held out her warm wrist and sliced it with the knife. Arie whimpered and looked into his bright red eyes in terror.

As blood ran from her arm he held it over the fountain and let it drip till the water turned a bright shade of blue. "May I?" He glanced up at his dad and Mr. Bradford hesitated before
nodding.

He pulled her closer and lifted up her arm and sucked the remains from her arm so eager to get it he hadn't noticed her slowly fainting.