XIII-13

He wiped the blood from his mouth and let her go Arie stumbled before almost falling to the ground. Amaimon caught her and placed her in a nearby bench passed out.

"Drinks." Mila commanded them and they all cupped their hands and sipped from the bloody water. Cassius gagged and coughed after his sip. The rest of the boys had a disgusted face.

Blood water is one of the nastiest things you could give a vampire. It's like expired milk to Humans its drinkable but no one wants too. Blood water is sour and literally watered down from the bloods naturally sweet and irony taste.

They all followed Mila while Amaimon stayed behind to pick up Arie's lifeless body and carried it to what used to be a tunnel and is now a portal.

They all walked in the portal to a city that had a gothic style to it most the people still rode in horse and buggy and were suck ups to the rich and powerful vampire council.

Arie groaned beginning to wake up as they waited for their carriages to arrive. Arie was put into a carriage with Amaimon and Laos.

Mila and Ulysses were in front. Cael, Savonn and Gabriel squeezed into another.

When Arie woke up fully she saw Amaimon's arm wrapped around her and freaked out. He put his hand over her mouth before she could scream muffling them.

"Arie calm down it was just a ritual to open the portal." Laos explained and she stopped squirming beneath his hands.

In the carriage in front of them holding Mila and the eldest Bradford's was tensely silent.
"Is it just me or did the ritual between Amaimon and Arie seem a little bit more as lovers rather than step siblings of some sort." Mila fidgeted with her white fur boa.

Ulysses sighed, "I noticed." He lowered his head trying to deny the truth.

"I'm sure it's nothing." He nervously answered and she began to tear up it turning into a sob. Luther handed her a handkerchief and rolled his eyes.

"No! They'll slaughter my baby boy in the streets like a piece of meat." Mila cried on Ulysses shoulder.

"Even if they are..." Luther began to barge in on the conversation.

"There's one simple solution that you refuse to see." Luther argued. "Turn her before anyone finds out just like we planned for the suitors." He whispered.

"I knew coming here was a bad idea." Mila wiped her tears. "It's my fault I should've never accepted the council's invitation." Ulysses lowered his head.

"Ya think?" Luther chortled. "Promise me you'll make them change it. You'll persuade them to let mortals and vampires do as they please." Mila begged of him holding onto his handkerchief.

Luther removed her hand. "Mila Stop it! You're embarrassing yourself. Get yourself together your going to be in front of the council in less than 10 minutes and look at you." He exclaimed and the cart went back quiet with Ulysses awkwardly in between.

"Face it, You two have 6 teenage vamps and you expect all of those bimbos to live?" Luther scoffed.

"You take that back this instant!" Mila reached over Ulysses and he held her back. "Both of you stop it! Mila I will figure this out." Mr. Bradford hugged her.

They arrived at the old castle greeted by butler's and maids. One them an old woman scowled Arie as she walked past.

"Welcome Mr. Bradford." A woman and man greeted him. "You have a lovely family." She added shaking each of their hands with her off white satin gloves.

"Ulysses I'm glad to see you here." The ward of the council Charles Minstrel stuck out his hand and Ulysses heart stopped and it was pure hatred.

His mind went to a dark place where all that was left of thought was murder. His hands wanted to wrap around his throat until they felt his last breath.

He wanted his eyes roll to the back of his and his nerves cease to move.

Ulysses wanted him dead.

He struggled from deep down within him to find a fake smile in himself to shake his hand the man who killed his best friend. Mila noticed his uneasy ness and patted his shoulder and she shook his hand.

Charles swept them and Luther away leaving the children to themselves. "So what do we do now?" Savonn folded his arms. "Snoop around duh." Cael looked around.

"I could show you around." A polite voice came out of nowhere. It was the son of Charles, Dash Minstrel a tall white haired fellow.

"I grew up here. Charles is my father you must be the Bradford family I don't recall there being such a beautiful daughter." He rose his hand to touch her cheek.

Arie clueless that this was the son of them man who mercilessly slaughtered her father because of a biased rule old as vampires themselves.

"I could show you around." He suggested and Arie hesitated seeing Amaimon's frustrated face and dark eyes.

"Don't be shy I don't bite." He laughed showing his fangs and Arie glanced over at Amaimon.

"Go If you want." He shrugged. "Come on." Dash persuaded her and Arie went with him.

Cael laughed, "Dang she dumped you like last seasons clothing. Laos cleared his throat, "Well you did lie to her and suck her blood."

Amaimon scoffed, "What is this Doctor Phil? I didn't lie to her and if I did we all did. Mila should've told her she was part of the ritual." He folded his arms.