I

"Aaaaah!" Arie was woken up by her mothers scream. Loud footsteps thudded up the stairs as she pulled her covers up bracing for her death.

"Arie you have to get out of here." Her father with wild eyes ran in with a baseball bat and kissed her on the forehead. "Where's mom? What's going on?" Arie rubbed her eyes making sure it wasn't a dream.

"Take this and run." He handed her the bat.

"I love you. We'll meet again, I promise." He pushed her out her room and ran the other way. Arie ran out the door in her bunny slippers bawling her eyes out.

Arie found herself running in the opposite of the direction of her dying parents and her mother's screams of agony and there was no turning back.

She looked down the pitch black street the only source of light was the moon and a street lamp at their neighbors down the road.

Lighting struck louder than she had ever heard and bats flew.

4 years ago...

Arie was swinging on the swing by herself in the backyard of her parents empty and quiet mansion, when an older boy about 13 appeared hanging upside down on the monkey bar.

"What's your name?" He smirked with his bloodshot red eyes and dark brown hair. "Arie." She jumped up to examine the boy.

"You're cute. I bet you taste like freshly picked cherries or something." He licked his lips and smiled.

Arie was shocked by his response and before she could question him he held out his hand.

"Amaimon." He said and Arie stuck out her hand before hearing her mothers voice.

Arie turned around to see her mother strutting down the path in a long black gown with new big curly hair blocking the sun from reaching her face.

"Arie honey who are you talking to?" Her mother walked up. "Him." Arie pointed and her mom sighed. "Why don't you go inside and play with your dollies." She patted her back.

Arie turned around to get another good look at the boy and he was gone.

"Get out of here." Her mother told the boy. "You can see me?" He disappeared and reappeared in front of her.

Her mother showed her fangs and her bite marks and the boy smiled. "I don't want you or your brothers around my daughter she's not like you." Arie's mother folded her arms and leaned down to Amaimon.

"If I ever see you near her again. I'll kill you... for the second time in your so called life." She walked off.

The boy left and she shook her head in regret, "Maybe one day she'll know her true origins." Her mother thought.

Arie felt it start to drizzle as she searched for someone to help her parents.

A cold breeze swept though the air she ran to the old mansion at the end of the road and banged on the door. "Help! Help!" She was beating at the door and it slowly opened.

Arie ran inside and it was dark dreary and had a leak in the corner where you could hear the cold rain water drip onto the creaky hardwood floors.

"Hello? Someone please help me!" She weeped. "Who are you? What mortal dares enter unescorted? Alone? Are you wishing for death?" A deep whisper spoke in her ear.

She turned around and saw no one.

"Please help. My parents are dying and I think there's a killer in my house." She shivered. "Shh." The voice comforted her and wrapped their cold pulseless arms around her waist breathing on her neck.

"Your parents are... not how you remember them now." He caressed her shoulders. "Who are you?" She asked breathing heavily.

"Mystery it makes the heart beat, the blood flow, pumping warm through your veins." She felt his lips press against her neck and her eyes widened.

"No!" She elbowed them in the gut and ran to the door. "Don't you remember me?" He pinned her against the door and the lighting cracked shining through the window giving her a flash of light just enough to see him for a split second.

"Amaimon." She gasped seeing his ruby red eyes and devilish smile but she noticed something different about his smile.

He had fangs.