XVII

He had only opened his eyes a bit to look around the room before closing them again. "Mr and Mrs. Bradford can I see you outside?" The nurse opened the door slightly.

She smiled sympathetically before looking down at her clipboard. "This isn't looking so good for him. We've done everything we could he's still losing blood and is barley staying awake. I'm sorry, I dont think he'll make it through the night." She said and Mila broke down crying onto Mr. Bradford's shoulder.

Mr. Bradford tried to keep a strong face, but you could tell how much he was hurting. A lump formed in his throat and voice became raspy as tears pooled in his eyes.

"Thank you." He told the nurse shakily wrapping his arms around Mila and the nurse nodded. Savonn went to go check on them and ended up calming Mila while their dad gave them the news.

Arie stood next to his bed tears trickling down her cheek and holding onto his cold lifeless hand, Missy stood next her and lowered her head in silence.

Their dad and Gabriel stayed at the hospital everyone else went back to the house to get some rest, but the rest was little.

It was 5:00 in the morning when Ulysses called from the hospital phone, "Mila." He said a little shaky.

"Yeah? Is everything okay?" Mila nervously drank a warm cup of blood. "No. No its not." Mr. Bradford said and she pulled the cup from her lips and sat it down hearing how serious he was.

"He's gone." Mr. Bradford said and Mila was stunned her eyes widened in disbelief. "Honey are you alright?" He asked concerned. "I'll tell the boys." Mila hung up.

Everyone gathered in the living room to hear the news they expected.

"Amaimon passed just a few minutes ago. I'm going to meet your father at the hospital." She wiped her eyes with a handkerchief and Savonn gave her a hug.

Mila went to the hospital and the rest of them stayed home.

Arie went into her room and isolated herself from the rest of the family. For two days she couldn't eat she couldn't sleep and the feeling of guilt lingered in her mind.

On the third day Mila knocked at the door. "Arie? The funeral is today. He wouldn't want you to miss it." She kept knocking.

"Arie? Dear, it's time to wake up!" She kept knocking.

She started to get aggravated and sat up. "We don't know what he would have wanted!" Arie shoved her covers on the floor. "You know why? Because he's dead!" She sniffed tears streaming down her face.

Mila placed her hand on the door and sighed. "Arie, I know you're hurting but please open the door." Mila leaned against it.

Arie wiped her face and opened the door Mila handed her a black dress and walked in. "Tell me honestly." She moves my hair out of my face with her long matte black nails. "Did you have feelings for Amaimon?" Mila sat on her bed.

"I mean... I- I guess... why does it matter anymore?" Arie folded her arms. "I just wanted to know if the council knew so we could–

"What? Kill me too?" Arie scoffed. "Ok Missy you're just enough as part of the family as any one of these boys and it's about time I treat you like it. You think you're the only one hurting well guess again! We're trying to protect you! The exact same thing your parents were doing. So could you please try and be the least bit grateful so I wont be burying you too." Mila got up and flipped her long hair behind her shoulder and walked out.

Arie cleaned herself up and went to the funeral. He was being buried way off back in the garden along with Ulysses's great grandparents who they inherited the Bradford family's money from.

Arie walked to the garden with her long black dress on and sat next to Cassius who held her hand.

"Today we are all gathered here–" The priest began his speech before Arie tuned him out staring at his reflective off white casket. She noticed another pair of red headed twins pointing and whispering.

"Ignore them, that's Donovan and Marcellus the family's weirdos. They're always up to no good and too smart for their nature." Cassius rolled his eyes.

After the service Arie went over to get refreshments and heard the twins Donovan, the one with freckles and circle rim glasses and Marcellus with the messy but cute bowl cut.

Donovan smacked on a sandwich talking to Marcellus, "So if this girl was the reason he went to the club that means he saved her right?" He continued to chew.

"Huh. Yeah." Marcellus chortled. "Don't laugh at a funeral." Donovan whispered. "Wait a minute that means their bound." Marcellus gasped.

"Again?" Donovan sighed. "Hey that's good news that means Amaimon isn't–" Marcellus began to say and Donovan covered his mouth.

"Shut up you idiot someone could be listening." He whispered. "They won't know how to ya know.. bring him back anyways it's all right here." Marcellus waved a little pocket sized book in his hand.

Arie took no hesitation before heading over to them. "Hey boys." She said seductively slipping the book right it of his pocket: "Hi." Donovan pushed up his glasses. "I just wanted to say... oh is that Theodore?" Arie quickly snuck off into the house.

Arie walked into the living room and quickly flipped through the book before they noticed but it was too late as a firm grip cane upon her arm.

"What is this?" Arie turned around and Laos snatched the book from her. "Stay away from those twins. They're witches and bad news. Whatever you're planning on doing Arie don't." Laos took the book from her and threw it in the trash.

"Ok?" He walked up to her. "You better be lucky I somewhat can stand you Laos." She pushed passes him bumping into his shoulder
.
Arie heard faint voices in the kitchen and went to eavesdrop realizing it was Ulysses and Mila.

"Ulysses something's wrong. It's been three days and Amaimon hasn't deteriorated one bit, there's no smell it's not natural. Perfect for an open casket but.. but I feel like something's wrong." Mila told him.

"I get it. You're grieving but listen to yourself. Amaimon passed away three days ago end of story. Let him Rest." His father said before taking a shot and walking out causing Arie to hide behind a pillar around the corner.

The funeral service ended and Arie snuck back out of the house and went to see Amaimon's open casket one more time while no one was around before the workers  would come and lower him in the grave.

"So, If this doesn't work it really is goodbye. I know it's not true I wont believe it Amaimon you're not dead you can't be." She wiped her tears.