Chapter 1

"5 Star Students please report to the Gymnasium."

I looked at the speaker at the corner of the room. Mr. Dan gave me the thumbs up to leave. I stood up and went to the Gymnasium.

I was the first one there, and I saw Coach Kane with a grin stuck to his face.

"Ah Aralri punctual as usual" He said when I lined up in front of him. "Mr. Dan just allowed me to leave early Coach. What's with the sudden call Coach?"

His grin grew wider if that was possible. He kept quiet telling me that we had to wait to the others for him to tell me what it was.

There was at least 4, 5 star Students in New West Academy. Each one of us has their unique power that this school enhances and trains.

Shane was the next one to come. He was a skinny goth guy but he's actually pretty cool. He had that usual dark eyeliner and a red highlight on his bangs. He was a few inches taller than me. I was 5'4 but he was 5'8 I guess.

Right Behind him was Lauren. She looks like your typical cheerleader, but she's the major troublemaker in the group. She was always late for her practice doing something with guys or just skipping. Coach Marie can't keep up with her but she doesn't want to cut her off the team since she was the best there is.

Lauren runs to me and tackles me. I didn't move or fall off balance but I was definitely creeped out by her. "Aralri! How long has it been?" She cheered. I rolled my eyes and said "We saw each other yesterday since you had to drag me to the nurse's office."

She laughed and pretended to shoot me with her 'hand gun.' "You should thank me! If I didn't do it your wound on your face would have a scar and we all know you're too pretty for scars" She said smugly. I rolled my eyes just as George barged in the room, he was the school's nerd. He use to be in the math team until his powers instantly grew stronger. His muscles grew and he grew taller about 5'9. Now he is the school's hottest guy. He is a teddy bear though.

"Aralri! So glad to see you again." He yelled as he ran towards us. Lauren scoffed and joked "You missed her yet you don't miss Shane and I?!"

George laughed and shook his head and pointed to our annoyed looking coach. We formed a horizontal line in front of the coach to listen and he said "As you all know, the 4 of you are our strongest Valkyries."

The reason for being called the strongest is because the gods decided to give us a portion of their powers to fight off the other species. Unlike the other Valkyries a god dwells in the four of us that we had to find out the hard way. Shane's god is Enkidu the god of Animals. Shane can transform into any animal and get their abilities while keeping his human form. Lauren's god is Loki the god of mischief, allows her to use his dark magic to get through things. George god is Apollo. He has strength and all Apollo could give him.

I have Amanikable,  I am strongest in the storm. Control the sea and create storms and gave me the ability to fly.

Like I said we found out in the hardest way. I found out when I was about to die in one of my tests. Lauren found out when she was about to be arrested by cops for ruining a bank. George found out when he was mountain climbing and saw a mountain lion. Shane found out when his father tried to feed him to alligators for being gay.

"Your parents almost killed you for being a lesbian too Aralri" I rolled my eyes and replied to Amanikable in my head "I am fully aware of that. You didn't have to remind me"

"Stop explaining and listen to your Sensei"

I nodded and looked back at Coach "As you all know, the Academies are at war. School after school after school wants to be on top. We want to be at the top but not with blood in our hands. Vampires, werewolves and the rest of the mystical beings can easily kill us. With their unique body build but there is something that could pull us up."

We all rolled our eyes and George retorted "Coach, we tried to find a shinyuu. we searched every academy and still none." The coach sighed and said "As you all know that we Valkyries can't be partnered up with Mystical beings..."

We knew this story

"Sadly we left out one thing" The coach caught our attention as he continued "A Valkyrie can survive intercourse with the supernatural if and only if.... They are mates."

We were surprised. Shane shook his head and said "B-but how does that work? A werewolf transfers its powers if they bit a Valkyrie and that alone can kill us!? The powers couldn't mix!"

The coach said "Yes, but gods dwell in you. They could manipulate the process and leave out the transfer but still keep the bond. No more questions, I will send you four on a mission to find your Shinyuus. Shinyuus can enhance and double your power, they can also fight beside you with the same strength. You will separate to different realms and places to find your Shinyuus. You must do this task alone for your bonding process is too much for one realm to handle when two of you are in that realm. You can track each other down with your gods and make sure you get back here ALIVE"

We all nodded and left.