20: Wildest dream.

Start from the beginning

"But you act like it is yours, apparently. Not only the bed but the room too." I hissed at him looking not at all bothered.

"What's yours is mine." His reply took me by surprise but it didn't last long. "It's mentioned in the contract. Go and give it a read." He mumbled distractedly, his eyes on the covers.

"That's not important now." I growled in slight frustration.

"Then what is?"

"My bed and my sleep which I couldn't get because of you."

"I never stopped you from sleeping on your bed." He had the audacity to looked confuse.

I arched a brow his way. "Oh, really now?"

He hummed. "The bed is big enough for the two of us. You can join me, I don't mind." He patted the space beside him.

You might not mind, but I mind, my heart mind and so does my whole body. I screamed in my head.

When I was too occupied with what he said, Jayden snatched the covers from my hand and went back to sleep.

Talking with him in anger was of no use, he always had answer for my every question. I decided to settle for another strategy.

Sweet and patient.

Gathering my thoughts and reminding myself  to be calm and not to lose my cool, I prepared myself once again.

"You have a room and bed of your own, why don't you head back to your room?" I tried to sound as gentle as I could.

"No one is at home. Can't sleep." He answered without opening his eyes.

Was he scared of being alone? I thought he sleeps alone or did he not?

"Clair?" I asked, refraining myself from asking what was really on my mind.

"Business trip." His eyes was shut.

"You can't sleep when Clair is not at home?" I questioned and I was rewarded with silence. I decided to try again, this time altering my question. "You can't sleep when you're the only one in the house?"

This time I got a response in a form of a hum.

"Then why don't you go over to Ian or Brian's place?" I was trying to maintain my cool.

"Too far." Despite being sleepy, he answered my every question.

Was that why he always crash in my room? But why do I have to suffer from lack of sleep when it was his problem?

"Urgh..." I needed sleep yet i didn't have to energy to fight with him for my bed.

"Lights." Jayden mumbled sleepily.

"So you are not gonna leave." I sighed in defeat, a yawn escaping from me.

My body was screaming for sleep, and my mind was shutting down.

Giving up on fighting, I switched the lights off and got into the bed, keeping a save distance from Jayden. Our backs faced each other, another yawn escaped from my mouth.

I thought Jayden was already deep in sleep but he was not.
"You better stay in your lane and not get all touchy with me." Sleepilu, he gave out his last warning.

I wanted to snort at his sentence but my sleepy state didn't allow me too and I could only manage a tired whatever.

It didn't take long for me to succumb to my utmost desires to sleep and I was asleep within seconds.

Because of me being in deep sleep, I wasn't aware when a hand went over my stomach and a leg over my hip, cuddling me from the back.

∆∆∆