34: Forgiveness.

JAYDEN KING

One month later...

Everything was working out well between Melody and I. And even if it wasn't, I will make sure everything will be okay.

She has been the one for me since we were fourteen. When I first laid eyes on her, something about her enthralled me and drawled me in. If it was some petty misunderstanding about the rose, we'd have...

I shake my head discarding any thoughts regarding those ill days. How wrong was I and I wouldn't ever let another misunderstanding be a hindrance between us. Never.

I wasn't sure about her but I was certain there was none like her, and for me she was the one, the only one I would forever love and will love.

I made sure to make Fiona apologized to Melody for the stunt she pulled in my room for which she was equally embarrassed and sorry. Even though she was going through a hard time, it didn't explain her actions and I had made sure she realised that.

I was about to risk my friendship with Fiona and cut all ties with her if Melody had voiced out her concerns regarding our friendship but she didn't instead she advised me to be there for her.

Her trust in me was everything I could ask for from her and It made me love her more, if that's even possible.

The very day Fiona mustered up to apologize to Melody, and after she did, Melody had advised her to seek some professional help, someone to talk with about her problems who can actually help her cope up.

Weeks later, Fiona informed me how she was planning on enrolling into a therapy session.  She will be starting today.

My eyes drifted to my window and a smile automatically etched on my face. My hands itched to hold my girlfriend even though, I have seen her an hour ago. She was that addictive, my very personal drug that I wouldn't even quit.

My smile dropped when my phone started blaring on my bed. It was my mother. She hardly call me when she was at work unless it was absolutely necessary.

"Hello."

"Jayden..." Her voice was soft. "It's your father."

A chill ran down my spine and I grew rigid at her words. She knew how much I hate that man, he was more or less dead for me. "You know I do-"

"He's dying, Jayden." Her voice soft, barely audible.

"Then let him die." I snapped. He doesn't deserve an ounce of sympathy from me. He was death to for since the day I realised he doesn't want us, and he started a new family.

"Don't be like this, Jay." My mother voice was reprimanding yet soft. "He wishes to see you, please meet him, just this once."

My jaw tighten at her words. Was she out of her mind? How many times did we have this conversation? How many times did I reject her plea to meet the sorry excuse of my gather?

"I won't, ever." I whispered harshly. The scar he left on me and my mother wasn't something I could easily forgive and forget.

Silence greeted me from the other side, before I heard a deep sigh. "This might be your only chance, Jay. He's...he...just please think over it once." Unlike me, my mother have long forgiven him. She doesn't hold any grudges and had left go of his wrongdoings without any ill wishes. If only I could do the same but I wasn't a forgiving man.

Without saying anything, I hung up and threw my phone on the bed before sitting on the edge, clutching my hair.

Why wouldn't he just leave me alone like he did without looking back fourteen years ago? Why now of all the time? Because he was on his deathbed and suddenly wanted to apologize for the fucked up things he did to my mother and I?