3: Hideway.

Melody Cunningham's Pov

"Harper, pleaseeeeee..." I pleaded with my sister who was too busy with her project to even glance my way.

Getting no reaction out of her, I tried again. "Harrpppeerrrrr, plewwweeeessssseee..."

I kept begging until she couldn't take it anymore. "Can't you see what I am doing?" Holding up her dirty, smudged with paint hands up my way, to show me what she was talking about. "I can't accompany you to Clair's house which is just a couple of feet away from our house." She snapped irritated.

I narrowed my eyes at the tone she used with me but didn't comment anything on it because I wanted her help that is, to accompany me when i go and give the baked cookies to Jayden. I didn't want to be alone when facing him.

Harper went back to what she was doing, continuing to ignore me as if I wasn't even there, begging her with the cookies basket on my hands for Mr. Jerk.

One day, she'd be in my place and that's when I'd laugh at her face.

"Harper." I called her out one last time as an idea struck on my mind but she continued ignoring me. I brushed it off and smirked as I knew in a few seconds she'd be agreeing to join me to Jayden's place. "Well, okay if you don't want to come with me." I sighed dramatically for an extra effect and turned around saying the next words that set her straight. "I was thinking of giving you that red blouse you wanted so much."

"Wait!" Harper shrieked behind me making me smile triumphantly. I knew my plan would work, she always had her eyes on that red blouse of mine and what better way to bend her to my will than a thing she wanted so much from me. I schooled my expression before turning around to face her.

"What?" I feigned a bored look with a hint of sadness on my tone.

"I am coming, just let me wash my hands." She scrambled to her feet and was about to walk pass me but was stopped by me.

"No need. It wouldn't take time. We will just hand this and get back. Easy pesy." I winked at her happy with my own words. I didn't want to stay longer in Jayden's presence than it was needed.

"But..."

"Come on, you're gonna get back to doing this anyway." The gestured with the basket in my hands towards her scattered stuff on the coffee table and in the living room floor.

"Yeah..." She smiled sheepishly agreeing with what I said. "Let's go." Her eyes sparkled with happiness and I knew exactly the reason behind it- my red blouse.

I followed her out of the house and started walking towards Clair's place. I lifted the basket towards my nose and inhaled the aroma of the cookies deeply. Delicious.

"Holy shit."

"Language Harper." I was surprised by Harper's choice of words but I had the same reaction when saw the reason/source behind her cussing in the first place.

"Holy skittles." I gaped at the beauty before us.

Parked on the driveway of the King's place was a brand new, shiny black beast- Bugatti Chiron. The sleek shiny black car made me almost drop the basket on my hands.

My eyes were blessed and my mouth watered looking at the delicious curve of the no doubt, brand new car. The car I had seen on the magazine was before my eyes, in real which I could touch.

With hesitating steps, I walked towards the car like I was in some sort of trance by its beauty. My right hand stretched to touch the top of the car and feel its smoothness but a startled Harper stopped me.