24: Everything has changed.

Wednesday.

"When are you and Jayden going to be a thing?" Harper dropped the question out of nowhere.

We were currently driving back home from school, and If we weren't stuck in a traffic, I would have hit acceleration and got into an accident because I was that surprised.

"What are you-"

"Aunt's already on her way to be the woman of Jack Cole." Harper said with a wide smile on her face, her hands before her as she declared Aunt the woman of Jack, her eyes were staring straight ahead at nothing in particular.

I rolled my eyes at her wild imaginations. "She's Jack's secretary not Jack's woman." I clarified, though I hoped for things to bloom between them.

"I do think Jayden is way out of your league though." Her smile disappeared and a frown took place.

"Where did that come from?" I glared at her. Weren't we talking about Jack and Aunt Ophelia?

"But I guess none have any say in it if his heart wants you." Harper went on with her monologue, she wasn't paying attention to what I was saying. She wasn't even acknowledging my existence.

"Harper, I am still here." I informed her as calmly as I could. If I didn't have love for my sister, she'd be lying on the road crowded by cars because i would have kicked her out.

But apparently, Harper wasn't aware of my thoughts and continued with her blatant disrespect towards me.

"What does he even see in you?" Her eyes trailed all over me, assessing me trying to figure out an answer to her own question.

My hands over the steering wheel tighten.

Remind me why I still was bearing her and listening to her quietly? I questioned my decision and tried to make myself calm.

"Since it's Jayden and he likes you. I guess, I will just accept and support your relationship." She commented nodding to herself.

Hearing her reason, it seemed like she was Jayden's sister and not mine.

I reminded myself to be calm and not kick her out of the car. Once I got hold over my emotions, I plastered a smile and started to talk as calmly and as softly as I could.

"First, you better watch what you say or you're walking back home from here." I watched her eyes widen a little when she realized how serious I was. "Second, there is nothing between us. No relationships or anything." But I wished for the opposite and for my words to be lie. "Third, don't-"

"The light turned green. Go, go..." She cut me off effectively and urged me to drive.

Giving her a glare and a warning look, I dropped the topic and started to drive.

The rest of the ride was silent and peaceful without any nonsense from Harper.

I was already on my wits end, hella annoyed with the said boy who still didn't tell me anything about the document I saw back in his house.

The day before, when I asked him about what I saw during our drive back home from Clair's office, I only got a later from him and that was it. His later never came.

I was disappointed and slightly hurt. It made me feel less important and unwanted, perhaps I wasn't too trusted for him to confine his problems or secrets with me.

And we were back to square one.

I parked the car in the garage, Harper getting off before me.

I made my way into the house silently, my shoulders hurting. I adjusted my backpack on my shoulders, the weight of the books heavier than usual.