[7] - 𝙐𝙣𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙮 𝙋𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝘾𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙨

Janice's mom paces the floor, wondering when she would get that phone call of reassurance from Janice. It had been now 30 minutes since she left, she should have been there by now. Bambam's house was only 10 minutes away and Janice was normally a prompt person. Her mother had a strong gut feeling that something just wasn't right. Who exactly were Jinyoung and Jaebum?

There's no way they could have taken such a long detour, Janice gave them the directions. That's when she couldn't wait anymore. She grabbed her phone from the kitchen table and dialed Janice. The phone ringed and ringed then sent her to voicemail. Janice's mom calls again and again but no answer from her daughter. She groaned in frustration then called Bambam.

At Bambam's house, everyone was waiting for Janice and her two new friends that she kept telling them about. Impatience fills up the room.

"Where's Janice guys? She should've been here 10 minutes ago..." Mariah asks her friends as they all sat in the living room.

They all shrug and look between each other as if someone had the answer.

"Did you call her? Or text her?" Yugyeom asks her.

"Yeah, But she's not answering."

Bambam's ringtone goes off making everyone jump to see if it was Janice calling him.

"False alarm, it's not Janice. But it's her mom though." Bambam says then answers the phone.

|××××××××××|

"Hello? Bambam?" Janice's mom asks on the other line.

"Hey, Ms. Martin!!! Is Janice still there with you?" Bambam asks.

The mother's eyes widen, getting slightly worried.

"No, that's actually what I was calling you about...she left a while ago with her two friends to go there."

"Two friends? Mrs. Martin do you have any idea who they are? Janice didn't get a chance to introduce us to them. When we asked for their names, she said it was a surprise and we'd find out today."

Bambam gives a worried glance to the others and they give some back.

Janice's mom answers, "Jaebum and Jinyoung. You all never met them yet?!"

Now she was worried. Tonight was not the best night to be worried. Feelings dropped down to the pit of her stomach.

|××××××××××|

Bambam spit out his fruit punch that he took a sip from, immediately knowing who they were after hearing their names.

"uM? Dude?! I'm wet what the hell?!" Gabby groans wiping the red liquid off of her yellow shirt.

"JINYOUNG AND JAEBUM WHAT THE HELL!?! THOSE ARE THE MENTAL CRIMINALS!!!!" He yelled in panic and everyone questions in shock.

"WHAT?!"

Bambam puts the phone down from his ear briefly, "JB and Junior!! Jaebum is JB's real name! Jinyoung is Junior's real name!!! I swear that's them!!!"

"HOLY SHIT!!!" Mariah yells almost falling off the couch.

"JANICE IS IN DANGER!! THOSE TWO MEN ARE THE MENTAL HOSPITAL ESCAPEES!!!!" Bambam panicky tells Janice's mom over the phone.

Silence fell over the other side of the line.

"Mrs. Martin!! We'll be right over." 

"Guys! We gotta find her!! We gotta save her! There might still be time!" Yugyeom says and everyone nods.

"Quick!! Let's go to her house right now! Let's help her mom!!" Gabby said and everyone scrambles to the door to leave Bambam's house.

There was still time, they had to keep thinking that. If they didn't find her...she'd be doomed. 

|××××××××××|

Mrs. Martin didn't hesitate to dial 911 after getting off of the phone with Bambam. As the phone rang for a dispatcher to answer, she felt a mix of emotions wash over her. She felt guilty that she wasn't alert or aware of the two new boys with Janice so she could protect her daughter in time. She also felt angry that those two criminals thought her daughter was some toy they could play with. Most importantly, she felt terrified, unsure and worried about what those two criminals would do to her Janice. 

"Hello? 911 what is your emergency?"

"I-I'd like to report a missing person...my daughter, Janice Martin, might have been taken by those mental hospital criminals, JB and Junior."

On the other side of the line, the officer wrote down all the information Mrs. Martin was telling him over the phone, "Don't worry ma'am, we'll send some officers to your house and send some teams to search the area! Your information has been of help to us in our search for JB and Junior. So, thank you. Hang tight and wait for a team to stop by your house."

"Thank you."

The officer hung up on the line and sitting across from him in a chair was Mark Tuan. His eyes widened after hearing bits of the conversation his cousin had.

"You have a lead?!" He asked him in surprise.

"Yup. You're not the only one with information today." 

"Please don't tell me that woman over the phone was Mrs. Martin because she sounded a lot like my ex's mom."

The cop sighed and ran his fingers through his raven hair, "Sorry to tell you but it was. Your ex was taken by your ex-friends." 

Mark quickly stands up from his seat in shock. His guilt slowly rising within each second. If he had been a better person to Janice he might've been able to at least have some trust from her so she would listen to his warning from the party. True he broke up with Janice and called her mean things but he's changed now and he's happy that Janice is happier without him. His past self was scared and stupid and a jerk, he wouldn't have been happy going out with himself either. Although they weren't together anymore, Janice still had made a big impact in his life, therefore Mark still did feel care for her. All he wished was to right the wrongs he did to Janice and Jinyoung. Maybe the door of opportunity had opened. 

If he could rescue Janice and protect her as well as change Jinyoung, then mission accomplished. It was going to be a lot harder to do than it sounded. 

Mark looked into his cousin's eyes with his pleading ones, "Come on JJ, you gotta let me help you out. You got to let me in on your search with the other officers."

"You are Mark. You gave me all the background information you knew about JB and Junior. That's already a big enough help." His cousin says while adding something to a file.

"No not just inside this station. I mean, out there in the field. You guys need me. I know the criminals and the victim better than you guys! Please, let me help you guys."

"Auntie and Uncle Tuan would be hella mad at me if I put you in danger. Plus, I don't even know if I can convince my boss!" 

Suddenly, the commissioner walks over after overhearing the conversation, "If this boy knows those involved plus the area, then I don't see why not he can't join us in the search. It's all hands on deck, Detective Chien. Those criminals need to be stopped and caught."

JJ nods and gives a small salute, "Yes, sir." 

The commissioner nods back and walks away leaving a cheering Mark.

"Alright fine, you can come, but your parents are gonna be so mad at me!"