He took a seat next to me, taking off his hoodie. He was now only wearing a white tee.

We rocked back in forth in the chair.

"Why would he cheat on you Cassie?" He asked.

"I don't know." I whined.

"Cassie, ya nigga would be dumb as fuck to cheat on you ma." He explained. "I don't think he would dare."

I felt my stomach turn to ice as Saint stared into my soul. I looked down at my hands, playing with my finger.

"Even if I'm wrong, you're still irreplaceable. He'd never find you in any other female he meets in the future." Saint explained.

"Wow...that's a good way to think about it." I chuckled, looking down at the ground.

"Look at me." He mumbled.

I hesitatingly rose my head up, turning it slightly to face his.

He grabbed me by the cheeks.

"Your Cassidy Skai Davis." He said.

"Damn nigga. You remembered my whole government name?" I asked in surprise.

He let go of my cheeks. "Of course. We were best friends." He chuckled.

"Are...best friends." I chuckled too, lying my head on his shoulder.

We both laughed until it grew silent.

"You have anything you wanna vent about?" I asked.

Saint took a deep breath. A long one.

"Yeah Cass." He admitted, dragging his hand across his face.

"Well spill the tea sis" I giggled sounding like an entire local.

"Aye aye...I ain't one of yo sisters." He laughed, pointing at me.

We laughed until he started talking. "It's your friend...Harper." He said.

"What about her?" I asked.

"I don't really like her." He sighed.

"But she said-" I started, before he cut me off.

"Whatever she said, it's not true." Saint huffed. "My first day of starting this new school, she was assigned to take me to my first period class. She led me into a dark hallway where all of the classrooms were empty. She tried to give me top Cass."

My mouth widened in disbelief. I had so many questions. Saint continued explaining his story.

"She's blackmailing me." He admitted.

"Wait...how?" I asked.

"You know that 'thing' I got expelled for last year?" He asked.

"Yes but no." I sighed.

"She found out what it was. She told me if I didn't date her or at least act like we were a couple, she'd tell the entire school." He explained.

"Damn...whatever you did, it must've been terrible." I blurted.

"Yeah..." He sighed.

You could tell he didn't want to talk about it. It seemed like his past kept haunting him and to talk about it would only open up old wounds.

"You wanna go one on one?" He asked, hopping up from the swing chair.

"One on one?" I asked in confusion. "You mean play basketball?"

"Duh..." He chuckled, dribbling the ball.

"I mean...okay. But just know I can't play like that." I groaned, getting up from my comfortable spot on the chair.

"Don't worry, that's why I'm gonna teach you." He smiled.

I smiled back. "I'm unteachable when it comes to this sport. I swear." I giggled.

"Girl I got you. I'm one of the best teachers out here. You'll be like a pro by the end of this." He exaggerated.

"Okay..." I sighed in doubt.

He bounced the ball over to me. I caught it with confidence.

"See you got this mama." He smiled, looking proud of me.

I smiled extra hard, trying to hide it. I might've been blushing.

"Now shoot." He said guarding the hoop.

I shot the ball right into the basket. "Saint! I actually did it! Holy-" I squealed.

"Nah Nah...it was luck." He said, sucking his teeth and waving me off.

"Now watch me whoop yo ass!" I laughed, as he bounced the ball over to me.

"Wow look at all this new found confidence." Saint laughed, catching the ball as I shot it.

***
How was it y'all?
Vote💕
Comment💬
Sorry I'm not updating as frequently as I should y'all. It's just that I have so many things coming up. Appointments, regents, all that. Forgive me😭🥰